Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trankin
    • Jul 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] After Upgraded from 4.0.3 PL 1 to 4.0.5 Two Ads Positions Disappeared

I was surprised that after I upgraded to 4.0.5 two of my ads positions are gone from my board.

Code:
    ad_footer_end
    ad_showthread_firstpost
    I checked my templates: SHOWTHREAD, header, headinclude, footer, and other customized templates. Everything is intact. So I went and skimmed through the vb 4.0.5 code, and found the following:

The code below was in vb 4.0.3 PL 1 and missing in 4.0.5
    PHP Code:
        Fileshowthread.phpLine 1048

// Only show after the first post, counter isn't incremented for deleted/moderated posts

if ($post['isfirstshown'])
            {

$postbits .= vB_Template::create('ad_showthread_firstpost')->render();
            } 
    Similarly the code below was in vb 4.0.3 PL 1 and missing in 4.0.5

PHP Code:
        Fileincludes/class_bootstrap.phpLine 416
    $ad_location
    ['ad_footer_end'] = vB_Template::create('ad_footer_end')->render(); 
    Although I acknowledge that I should not change the original vb code, just for testing, I placed the code I mentioned above to 4.0.5 code and my ads are displaying correctly on my board again. Could anyone explain me why these code are removed in vb 4.0.5 and what is the alternative feature I could use in this new version to show my ads?

-Nay
  • audiokid
    • Apr 2009
    • 4.1.x

I'm concerned over this. I am using all the ad positions and don't want those ad slots changed. I have clients in these positions and don't need more vbulletin surprises that cost me. I haven't upgraded to 4.0.5 because of all the past bugs, looks like I'm waiting again.

Could someone confirm why this is happening?
    Cheers!

RECORDING ORG
    created for musicians, by musicians

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Not sure why this has happened but there is a confirmed Bug for it here:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• trankin
        • Jul 2009
        • 3.8.x

I hope vb4.0.6 will fix this issue. I have a few more vb 3.* forum to upgrade.
        -Nay

Comment

• audiokid
          • Apr 2009
          • 4.1.x

I didn't see it in the list? Anyone see it as fixed in 4.0.6?
          Cheers!

RECORDING ORG
          created for musicians, by musicians

Comment

• stwan
            • Feb 2009

Please fixed in 4.0.8!

Comment

• ecky
              • Dec 2008
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by trankin
              I was surprised that after I upgraded to 4.0.5 two of my ads positions are gone from my board.

Code:
              ad_footer_end
              ad_showthread_firstpost
              I checked my templates: SHOWTHREAD, header, headinclude, footer, and other customized templates. Everything is intact. So I went and skimmed through the vb 4.0.5 code, and found the following:

The code below was in vb 4.0.3 PL 1 and missing in 4.0.5
              PHP Code:
                  Fileshowthread.phpLine 1048

// Only show after the first post, counter isn't incremented for deleted/moderated posts

if ($post['isfirstshown'])
                      {

$postbits .= vB_Template::create('ad_showthread_firstpost')->render();
                      } 
              Similarly the code below was in vb 4.0.3 PL 1 and missing in 4.0.5

PHP Code:
                  Fileincludes/class_bootstrap.phpLine 416
              $ad_location
              ['ad_footer_end'] = vB_Template::create('ad_footer_end')->render(); 
              Although I acknowledge that I should not change the original vb code, just for testing, I placed the code I mentioned above to 4.0.5 code and my ads are displaying correctly on my board again. Could anyone explain me why these code are removed in vb 4.0.5 and what is the alternative feature I could use in this new version to show my ads?

-Nay
              I did get your message here http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-7586 but the comments were closed before I had time to thank you. I was also left behind on vb 4.0.3 because I've got advertisers in both these spaces.

I edited the files as shown before upgrading to 4.0.7. Although the line numbers were out slightly for editing, the code was easy to find and the upgrade seems to have been a success with all the ad slots still intact.

Thanks again my friend.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...