X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vskylabv
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

[CMS] Guest Landing Page

For the CMS, I want to have a layout only viewed by guests/not signed people and including an article.

For example: The layout I created has no widgets and I created an article that explains why someone should register. Upon Signing in, it goes to the regular homepage with widgets and news articles.

I tried a few things but can't seem to get this going. I don't want any content showing besides the one article. I have a paying website.

Edit: I'd like to have Registered AND Guests to view a certain static landing page when entering my site. When paid and moved to another User Group, the site goes to the regular with widget and everything. Is this possible?
    Last edited by vskylabv; Mon 5 Jul '10, 5:52pm.
    Art of Travel Blogging : The Travel Blogging Community for Beginners and Professionals
  • vskylabv
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

Anyway to make a default section by usergroup perhaps? Not sure how else to do this.

If I set the HOME to READ for guests but make a subsection called Money and create an article under Money and making money section only viewable by registered members... And HOME is inheriting subsections.. Shouldn't the Money articles be hidden under HOME? It's still displaying the teasers.
    Last edited by vskylabv; Tue 6 Jul '10, 8:46am.
    Art of Travel Blogging : The Travel Blogging Community for Beginners and Professionals

Comment

• feldon23
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.7.x

I would submit an e-mail to [email protected].

I am not too familiar with the CMS, but you should be able to restrict widgets by usergroup to accomplish what you want, and then use a conditional to display content just for guests. But I don't know the functionality of the CMS.

Comment

• anthonyparsons
        • Mar 2005

In your CMS permissions, at the top you will see "Change Section". Click that and change the permissions for the usergroups for x section. You cannot get into teasers with it, but you can assign access per usergroup.

If you want to get into non-default aspects, there are mods on vb.org to display teasers only.

You can just click on the section name and it will take you to that sections permission page. Don't forget to clear the CMS cache after making or deleting permissions to ensure they become live.

Comment

• Edwin Brown
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2009
          • 5.5.x

Originally posted by vskylabv
          Anyway to make a default section by usergroup perhaps? Not sure how else to do this.

If I set the HOME to READ for guests but make a subsection called Money and create an article under Money and making money section only viewable by registered members... And HOME is inheriting subsections.. Shouldn't the Money articles be hidden under HOME? It's still displaying the teasers.
          There is a "permission preview" setting for every article. By default it's on. Turn it off- that's what it's for.
          Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...