[VB Staff] No way to make ImpEX work with smf 2.x.x.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tatore
    • May 2008
    • 3.7.x

[VB Staff] No way to make ImpEX work with smf 2.x.x.

Even if I've opened a ticket, a paid request of assistance, and paid a discrete amount of dollars for the entire suite, I'm still waiting and looking for a closer assistance to manage a conversion, from smf 2.0.RC3 to VB 4.0.4.
    Tonnes of errors..looks easy to rewrite by hand topic by topic, and re-attach the all attachments.
    I have a very small forum, such a seed, with 84 users, 1000 attachments, avatars and signatures.
    Nothing work, attachments during the import operationall detected but totally ignored. Although I've in the past tried to buy a license of vB and left, due the impossible conversion of another huge forum, although googling and searching here into the forum for a solution...nothing, all I had was to be ignored.
    Well, I've tried all, from my side of course:
    1- tried to import into the db the attachments - no luck.
    2- tried from smf folder to the different filesistem - no luck.
    3 - tried with different stable versions of vB, cancelling and reinstalling 1000000 timest the all files...no luck.
    In addition the following imports revealed total failure of the impex tool for smf:
    1- attachments
    2- smilies (don't care but..)
    3 -avatars and user's avatars
    4 - signatures
    and I'm too tired to remember how many else.

Will I be lucky to find someone that help me to migrate the forum, from smf to vB?
    When I've got with another forum the smf system, the staff helped me to bump from snitz without MySQL to smf, and either without any money request for assistance or for the software itself.
    After some couple of hundred of dollars, ca I ask for the staff assistance? A ticket is open.
    Please, let me know if is it possible, or SMF >< vB are not exchangeable, eventually (but Vb><SMF yes, for sure).
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...