Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biirds
    • Aug 2009
    • 4.0.x

Ok, it works if a uses clicks the "Go advanced tab". But how many users know that they have to click that button to upload from their computer. Is it possible for the users to have the Go advanced from the beginning, without clicking any button or fill in this in their profile. I have heard from many that has the question, how can I upload from the computer. Most doesn't know that they have to click a button or find this in their profile.

Comment

• kf4eok
      • Sep 2009

answer found

Thanks Lynne and Zachery that is the answer I was looking for.
      Thanks to Lynne and Zachery from the vBulletin tean I have solved this problem.
      I have the message posting and interface opitins set like this, full editor, ouick editor, and quick edit set to enable standard & WYSIWYG controls. Advanced Insert Image Popup - Enable, Asset Manager - Enable, yes, flash upload Asset Manager - Assets per Page 10
      If you're using Firefox or IE, and you have your profile set on that user to use the WYSIWYG editor, you will get URL and Upload.
      I am not talking about the settings you set as the admin (althought those need to be on also), I am talking about as a user going to the Settings link > General Settings > Message Editor Interface. Every user can set that however they want and if they don't have it set to WYSIWYG, or they don't click the toggle button in the reply to change it to that, then they won't be using the WYSIWYG and won't get both options.
      You will need to go to your admin CP and settings/options/users registration options/ and look for default registrations options and set options (message editor interface) to show enhanced (WYSIWYG) editor toolbar. This will let any new users that register have this feature.
      if you you have the time you can edit each users profile to change their setting.
      I hope that this helps everyone.
      http://www.thestarquestclub.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

• kf4eok
        • Sep 2009

Thanks to Lynne and Zachery from the vBulletin tean I have solved this problem.
        I have the message posting and interface opitins set like this, full editor, ouick editor, and quick edit set to enable standard & WYSIWYG controls. Advanced Insert Image Popup - Enable, Asset Manager - Enable, yes, flash upload Asset Manager - Assets per Page 10
        If you're using Firefox or IE, and you have your profile set on that user to use the WYSIWYG editor, you will get URL and Upload.
        I am not talking about the settings you set as the admin (althought those need to be on also), I am talking about as a user going to the Settings link > General Settings > Message Editor Interface. Every user can set that however they want and if they don't have it set to WYSIWYG, or they don't click the toggle button in the reply to change it to that, then they won't be using the WYSIWYG and won't get both options.
        You will need to go to your admin CP and settings/options/users registration options/ and look for default registrations options and set options (message editor interface) to show enhanced (WYSIWYG) editor toolbar. This will let any new users that register have this feature.
        if you you have the time you can edit each users profile to change their setting.
        I hope that this helps everyone.
        http://www.thestarquestclub.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

• biirds
          • Aug 2009
          • 4.0.x

Thank you very much! It worked

Comment

• nakedanvil
            • Mar 2010

You can set current users to WYSIWYG in SQL queries.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...