Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monoco
    • Feb 2010

[Suite] All CMS attachments now gone after upgrade

After upgrading from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4, attachments for all my articles in the CMS have disappeared.

Images are now replaced by "Attachment xxx". Clicking on them says invalid attachment specified. If you have followed an invalid link contact the administrator"

Any ideas wha this is happening?
  • DCX000
    • Nov 2009

Same problem here.

Any thoughts on this, anyone, please....

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Can you access the database and check whether the 'contentid' value for the relevant attachmentid in the attachment table is the same as the article number (i.e. if your article is "content.php?17-Help-Me-Please", then the contentid should be 17)
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• DCX000
        • Nov 2009

Thanks for the follow up Trevor. I responded in the support ticket.

Comment

• Alec W
          • Nov 2009

I have the same problem. 100s of articles now have no pictures.

Comment

• Alec W
            • Nov 2009

Example:

trail-recon.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, trail-recon.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

SELECT * FROM `attachment` WHERE contentid = 217 - Returns no rows

Comment

• Alec W
              • Nov 2009

Some more info.

All 389 CMS attachments (contenttypeid = 18) in the attachment table have a contentid of 226.

This article has an attached image (Attachment 1979) - http://www.trail-recon.com/vforum/co...inal-Jeep-Tiki!!

In the backup database I made last night before moving from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 the contentid in the attachment table for this row was 211.

Help!!!

Comment

• rootsxrocks
                • Aug 2009
                • 4.2.X

I have the same issue, the images are shown as a link rather then the previous thumbnail that enlarges when hoovering. in edit mode I get the advance tool I had not seen previously but it only works for the first two images. The pencil is non responcive on the third image in an article.
                Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Alec W
                  Some more info.

All 389 CMS attachments (contenttypeid = 18) in the attachment table have a contentid of 226.

This article has an attached image (Attachment 1979) - http://www.trail-recon.com/vforum/co...inal-Jeep-Tiki!!

In the backup database I made last night before moving from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 the contentid in the attachment table for this row was 211.

Help!!!
                  Bug Report for this is http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-7608

You'll have to either manually change the contentid to the article number for each attachment or create a query which will do a mass-change.

It may be possible to extract this from a backup of that table from prior to the upgrade. I'm not aware of any changes being made to the contentid structure in the attachment table so you could, in theory, replace the contentid values with those from your backup.

Note that I've not tested this though (and won't be able to until tomorrow evening GMT at the earliest) so if you choose to do this, please ensure you do it on a test site/database in the first instance.
                  Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Alec W
                    • Nov 2009

Thanks Trevor. This is what I did and it worked.

1). Download your vb backup database locally - You did make one before you upgraded right?
                    2). Extract the attachment table locally into its own database
                    3). Rename the table oldattachment
                    4). Export the oldattchment table locally
                    5). Import the oldattachment table into your vbulletin database
                    6). Run this query
                    UPDATE attachment AS toTable, oldattachment AS fromTable SET toTable.contentid = fromTable.contentid WHERE toTable.attachmentid = fromTable.attachmentid AND fromTable.contenttypeid = 18
                    8). Clear CMS Cache

Comment

• ArchAngelz
                      • May 2010

I'm wondering why users have to do so much self-patching to fix a bug caused by an upgrade? I lost all my attachments as well and looking at these "self-fixes" does not inspire a lot of confidence.

Comment

• kfrosty
                        • Feb 2010

Does this problem exist with 4.0.4 PL 1 or just 4.0.4?

Comment

• DCX000
                          • Nov 2009

For me it started with 4.0.4 and continues with PL1. Unfortunately the above fixes didn't put everything back in place for me. Waiting for developer support to figure out what's going on.

Comment

• ArchAngelz
                            • May 2010

I went directly from 4.03 to 4.04PL1+patch; I think it doesn't really matter; once you go to 4.04, 4.04PL1 or 4.04PL1+patch you will get the same problem.

Comment

• wcguy
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 3.8.x

I use the mod found in this post

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...nto-the-Forums......

and I still have all of my attachments.....

Maybe you all could try it out too.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...