Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dodgez
    • Apr 2005

[Forum] Facebook 4.0.4

I can't get it to work. I am guessing I am missing a setting on the facebook app itself. I had it working on 4.0.3. It would show the F and my facebook avatar. Now it get the F but the avatar is blank. I can "like" things but I can't publish my posts or new threads.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

1) Make sure you enter the new Application ID in vboptions > Facebook Options

2) Make sure you revert/update their templates, especially the headinclude and footer template

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• dodgez
      • Apr 2005

I have done both. Doesn't work with my default theme either. Thanks

Comment

• dodgez
        • Apr 2005

I should note it has popped up and asked if I want to let this app post to facebook. I hit allow but it doesn't show up on my wall.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Are you getting an error? Check your error_logs to see if something is in there. Recheck your urls on facebook to make sure they are correct also and exactly the same as what you use (if you use www.yoursite.com, make sure it says www.yoursite.com and not just yoursite.com).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• dodgez
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Lynne
            Are you getting an error? Check your error_logs to see if something is in there. Recheck your urls on facebook to make sure they are correct also and exactly the same as what you use (if you use www.yoursite.com, make sure it says www.yoursite.com and not just yoursite.com).
            That's part of the problem. I watched the blog video on how to set it up but it doesn't show how you config the facebook side. I have no idea what the facebook side needs. Where do I check the error_logs? thanks

Comment

• Gargi
              • Jun 2008

Same problem here. No chance to get a Facebook connect. I guess I did something wrong setting up the application. Just did it like it was shown on the blog video, but maybe there is something new about it. Please public a documation howto setup a correct application for fb.

cu
              Gargi

Comment

• dodgez
                • Apr 2005

I went in to the UserCP and edited connections. I logged out of facebook. Now when I click the connect it just refreshes the page.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Gargi
                  Just did it like it was shown on the blog video, but maybe there is something new about it. Please public a documation howto setup a correct application for fb.
                  That relates to 4.0.4...
                  Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

Originally posted by dodgez
                    I went in to the UserCP and edited connections. I logged out of facebook. Now when I click the connect it just refreshes the page.
                    To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
                    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• kyle
                      • Mar 2001

I have the same issue as OP in this thread, there is another thread related to this:

I have filled a bug report here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-7584

I have submitted a bug report only because support told me to do so as they were unable to resolve this issue via support ticket system. Can someone help resolve this?
                      Last edited by kyle; Mon 21 Jun '10, 1:16pm.

Comment

• dodgez
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                        To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
                        config.php
                        Code:
                        <?php

/*======================================================================*\
                        || ##############
                        I made a brand new template. I used a different browser that doesn't remember my vB or FB accounts. It sill doesn't work

Comment

• dodgez
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by kyle
                          I have the same issue as OP in this thread, there is another thread related to this:

I have filled a bug report here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-7584
                          You can see the problem here: http://www.moneytec.com/testvb404/forums/forum.php its a fresh install of vbulletin, with no mods/hacks, default style, fb configuration is 100% correct.
                          I have submitted a bug report only because support told me to do so as they were unable to resolve this issue via support ticket system. Can someone help resolve this?
                          thanks

Comment

• Subsonic
                            • Feb 2003
                            • 5.0.X

My issue is not that I can not connect to FB I can, I have my FB profile picture and everything.
                            But I can not post anything to my wall, everything seems to be there in the forum, the publish to the like all there but nothing shows on FB

Comment

• dodgez
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Subsonic
                              My issue is not that I can not connect to FB I can, I have my FB profile picture and everything.
                              But I can not post anything to my wall, everything seems to be there in the forum, the publish to the like all there but nothing shows on FB
                              When you go in to your UserCP --> edit connections. can you log out of facebook and log back in?

Comment