How do I permanetnly delete forum posts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdelaflor
    • Apr 2010

[Forum] How do I permanetnly delete forum posts?

I am new to VBulletin. We were attacked by spammers. How do I permanently delete spam posts? Please give me a somewhat detailed answer as I am new to VBulletin.

Mike
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by mdelaflor
    I am new to VBulletin. We were attacked by spammers. How do I permanently delete spam posts? Please give me a somewhat detailed answer as I am new to VBulletin.

Mike
    You can delete them manually from your forum. Tick the spam posts and then choose for (hard) delete. Or you can delete them directly from the database as well but if you are not too comfortable with that, it would be better to do it manually from your forum.

Comment

• mdelaflor
      • Apr 2010

They continue to register and post ads. What is the best way to stop this?

Comment

• Jacob_ITAPros
        • Apr 2010

Add Captcha or Recaptcha
        Create a required question upon registration
        Confirmation Email upon registration
        Do a search for blocked domains of known spam sources and add them to your ban list or your .htaccess file
        Restrict the registered users group from being able to do much until a certain requirement is met, and once that requirement is met, create a promotion in the acp that gives them more freedom.
        You can add some of the spam recognition apps that are available, I believe there are two in the acp under spam options.
        Jacob
        IT Automation Professionals
        www.ITAutomationPros.com
        [email protected]

Comment