X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karoken
    • Apr 2010

[CMS] vBulletin CMS Images, Navbar, and HTML questions

Hey all,

I tried searching for these questions, but the threads i did find didn't give me a clear answer or anything that could solve my problem. Here are my questions, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. With preview thumbnails for articles in the cms, is there any way to fix the max HEIGHT of the preview image opposed to only the max WIDTH? The only tool i could find was vbcms_article_preview_image_maxSize, which appears to only give me control over height (i tried editing CSS style like "150, 150" to get a square image, but didn't work)

2. Why do my Navbar links disappear when in an article in the cms? Is this a Bug or do i have to wade through another thousand layers of permissions to make this work.

3. HTML seems to show up in the preview text for articles in the cms (just simple styling stuff like bolding and positioning, img code, ect ect), but not in the article itself, pretty annoying since im trying to... well, its pretty annoying no matter what im trying to do.

It would be amazing if i could get this stuff fixed, as you can tell im pretty new to vbulletin, so i apologize if my questions are irritating in their noobness.

Thanks alot for your help! I can provide screens if needed.
    Video Game Strategy A Work in Progress
  • Edwin Brown
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2009
    • 5.5.x

1) You would have to edit the style setting on the image in template, vbcms_content_article_preview.
    2) That's a bug. Fixed in v404.
    3) Ditto.
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• Karoken
      • Apr 2010

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the first question was the least of my worries...

Those are both BUGS?! I mean, wordpress managed to do these things fine and its free...

This on the other hand cost almost 300 dollars..

Comment

• anzs
        • Apr 2010

Regarding the question [2] (Why do my Navbar links disappear when in an article in the cms?):

In order to have navbar links still displayed on the article page, please open the packages\vbcms\item\content.php, and navigate to the line 823:
        WHERE navigation.nodeid IN ($source_nodes)
        and replace the line above with:
        WHERE navigation.nodeid IN ($source_nodes) AND navigation.nodelist <> ''
        Then upload changed file back to the server.

This was really annoying issue for me; I did not want to wait for any future releases and simply fixed this for 4.0.2 (for 4.0.3 fix also works and it is completely the same).
        Hope this will be included into one of the future releases.

For everybody: I'd like to explain what I mean by "navbar links": this is a line with links which are displayed directly after the main menu. For this page such links are: New Posts, Private Messages, FAQ, Calendar, Community etc.
        And the same links can be defined and customized for vBulletin 4 CMS. But when you entering the exact article page, the links disappear. Example of the fix from the site I support (it's in Russian, sorry for that, but this does not matter): article page 'cosmetic kills'; as you can see, the links under main menu are properly displayed. That's it!

Comment

• Karoken
          • Apr 2010

Thanks alot anzs, il go fix it right now.

Does anyone have a manual fix for the visible HTML/BB code in post previews? My website looks pretty scrub with all the img code in the previews

Comment

• anzs
            • Apr 2010

You probably will be surprised, but I think I also have a fix for broken article preview problem

Here it is: open packages\vbcms\bbcode\html.php file and navigate to the line 242:

$pagetext =preg_replace('#\[ATTACH.*?\[/ATTACH\]#siU', '', $pagetext);
            $pagetext =preg_replace('#\[IMG.*?\[/IMG\]#siU', '', $pagetext);
            $pagetext =preg_replace('#\[VIDEO.*?\[/VIDEO\]#siU', '', $pagetext);

Then replace the 3 lines above with:

$pagetext =preg_replace('#\[ATTACH.*?\[/ATTACH\]#si', '', $pagetext);
            $pagetext =preg_replace('#\[IMG.*?\[/IMG\]#si', '', $pagetext);
            $pagetext =preg_replace('#\[VIDEO.*?\[/VIDEO\]#si', '', $pagetext);

As you can see, the key point is to remove the U switch from the regular expressions.

Comment

• Karoken
              • Apr 2010

Hey anzs, which version of vbulletin are you using? Im using 4.0.1 and i cant seem to find the same code segments as you..

Comment

• Karoken
                • Apr 2010

bump! i would love to solve this, my site looks like crap right now

Comment

• Edwin Brown
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 5.5.x

I recommend you upgrade to v403. There have been a large number of fixes in the two versions since then.
                  Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...