X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhillyTom
    • Apr 2010
    • 3.8.x

Upgrade to 3.8.6 went bad...

I'm upgrading to 3.8.6 in preparation for upgrading to version 4.

I get this error in the admin panel:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS count
    FROM moderation AS moderation
    INNER JOIN post AS post USING (postid)
    WHERE moderation.type='reply';

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'postid' in 'from clause'
    Error Number : 1054

I think that I misfollowed the instructions and I ended up with two forum folder on the server. The old one is called "forum" and the new one is called "forums". Oh dear.
  • Homeworld'sa
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

eh? There isn't a 3.8.6
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• PhillyTom
      • Apr 2010
      • 3.8.x

Sorry, I meant 3.8.5.

Comment

• PhillyTom
        • Apr 2010
        • 3.8.x

OK, the forum's working but all of the avatars are not showing. How can I get vbull to find the avatars again?

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

What did you upgrade from?

Comment

• PhillyTom
            • Apr 2010
            • 3.8.x

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

did you revert any of the templates that required it? There was at least 1 change to the postbit from 3.6.8 on the way the avatar is called.

Comment

• PhillyTom
                • Apr 2010
                • 3.8.x

I'm sorry, Zak. I don't know what reverting the templates means, so I guess I didn't do it.

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

In every new version of vBulletin sometimes templates get changed, you upgraded two point releases and a handful of minor versions (Major.Point.Minor 3.6.8 to 3.8.5). Some of your templates are going to be out of date and either require a revert, or an update. Try adding a new style: AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style > Make sure it has no parrent and hit save. Now switch to using this style, does the same issue occur with your avatars?

Comment

• PhillyTom
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 3.8.x

You want me to simply create a new style name? How do I "switch to using that style"?

Comment

• PhillyTom
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 3.8.x

I think my problems are a bit deeper...

I have all of the avatars and icons in a separate subdirectory where the "old" forum is. I don't know how to get those things over to the new, active forum.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

If you've upgraded your site on the same domain and same server as it was before, the files are still there. When you login to AdminCP, do you get a notice about out of date templates? If so, you need to click on that link and then choose the 'Revert' option on each one or create a new style.

Once you've created the new style, you can force it to become the default style for all users in AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Style & Language Settings
                        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• PhillyTom
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                          If you've upgraded your site on the same domain and same server as it was before, the files are still there. When you login to AdminCP, do you get a notice about out of date templates? If so, you need to click on that link and then choose the 'Revert' option on each one or create a new style.

Once you've created the new style, you can force it to become the default style for all users in AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Style & Language Settings
                          Thanks, Trevor. I do in fact get a notice about out of date templates. But there's also the SQL error and the two forum folders problem. This problem has gone to support ticket and I wonder if I should just wait to hear back from whoever's working on the ticket. But thanks again.

Comment

• PhillyTom
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 3.8.x

OK, problems resolved through the ticket system and all seems well. Thank you staff!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...