X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMac
    • Mar 2010
    • 4.0.x

Errors after conversion - IPB3

Hello, I have done the IMPEX conversion from IPB3 to VB4 and I have this errors:

1º In the forums (I have more than 135000 posts), I only see two pages of threads and no more.

2º I can´t search, I search and I see:

vBulletin Message
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

3º In the member list, I only see one user: admin and I have more than 37000

4º I can´t forum posts of users, the same error:
    vBulletin Message
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

5º I have login with my account of IPB3 (Im the webmaster) and I do one thing and they told me that I´m banned, this is because I have to delete the old user groups and translate to the vB groups?

6º To put my webmaster account of IPB3 to vB4, how to do it? How to "replace" the admin account with my IPB3 account.

7º Smilies not converted good, I don´t see.
    sigpic
  • Adam H
    • Apr 2008
    • 4.1.x

1º In the forums (I have more than 135000 posts), I only see two pages of threads and no more.

You need to run the query to show all threads/posts from the maintenance drop down. Or your users can edit their settings page to show all posts.
    2º I can´t search, I search and I see:

You have to rebuild the search index on your forum from the "update counters" section , although i would do this after you have done everything else and you are nearly ready to open the forum again.

3º In the member list, I only see one user: admin and I have more than 37000

You need to move all your members into the proper vbulletin usergroups and then update the counters.

4º I can´t forum posts of users, the same error:

Same as above number 2 , it uses the search function.

5º I have login with my account of IPB3 (Im the webmaster) and I do one thing and they told me that I´m banned, this is because I have to delete the old user groups and translate to the vB groups?

Once you have moved your members into the correct usergroups you can update the permissions for your previous admin user and then merge the VB admin with your other account.

6º To put my webmaster account of IPB3 to vB4, how to do it? How to "replace" the admin account with my IPB3 account.

See number 5

7º Smilies not converted good, I don´t see.

The smiles are pretty tricky to get working and sometimes dont work , you just need to copy the images over to your vbulletin install from your IPB install and then make sure the smile command is the same .
    The opinions expressed in forum posts are my own personal opinions and do not represent any companies that i am associated with.

Comment

• Loco.M
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.5.x

don't forget to "update your counters" as well after importing
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• TheMac
        • Mar 2010
        • 4.0.x

Ok, tomorrow I will do it other time the conversion with all...
        Also, tell me the query to show all threads/posts.
        sigpic

Comment

• borbole
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by TheMac
          Ok, tomorrow I will do it other time the conversion with all...
          Also, tell me the query to show all threads/posts.
          You can change that on a forum per forum basis at Forum Manager-Edit Forum and the options you need are:

Default View Age

or you can change them for all the forums in one fell swoop at the phpmyadmin in the cp of your host by running the following query:

Code:
          UPDATE forum SET daysprune = -1

If your db tables have a prefix you should include that as well in the query. Hope it helps.

And welcome to vB btw

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...