X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Install Default CMS Data

These are instructions on how to install the default CMS data if for some reason it did not get installed when the you installed your CMS.

Starting from scratch:
    • Uninstall the vBCMS product from the Manage Products page
    • Verify all cms_* tables are deleted from the database
    • Reset the auto_increment for the table 'package' to 3 (in phpMyAdmin > Operations) (see note 1 below)
    • Reset the auto_increment for the table 'contenttype' to 17 (see note 2 below)
    • View PHPInfo and look for the open_basedir . If there is a directory set there, then set:
      • vboptions > Server Settings and Optimization Options > Safe Mode Upload Enabled > Yes
      • vboptions > Server Settings and Optimization Options > Safe Mode Temporary Directory > set to one of the directories listed above, typically /tmp

• now go to the browser and run /install/finalupgrade.php?step=6

note 1: As of this writing for vB4.0.3, after uninstalling the vbcms product, there should only be 2 rows in the package table, so the next auto_increment would be set to 3.
    note 2: As of this writing for vB4.0.3, after uninstalling the vbcms product, there should only be 16 rows in the contentid table, so the next auto_increment would be set to 17.

CMS is Already Installed:
    If the CMS is already installed and you only want to try to reimport the default data, you may try this (I have not tested it):
    • Verify in the table 'contenttype' that the following exist with these contentypeids:
      • "Section" has to be contenttypeid = 17
      • "Article" has to be contenttypeid = 18
      • "ContentNode" has to be contenttypeid = 19
    • View PHPInfo and look for the open_basedir . If there is a directory set there, then set:
      • vboptions > Server Settings and Optimization Options > Safe Mode Upload Enabled > Yes
      • vboptions > Server Settings and Optimization Options > Safe Mode Temporary Directory > set to one of the directories listed above, typically /tmp

• now go to the browser and run /install/install.php?step=14&cmsdefault=1
    Last edited by Lynne; Sun 11 Apr '10, 1:15pm.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

For 4.0.8 and up, you cannot add the Default CMS data to an existing installation. You must uninstall it and then reinstall it:

Starting from scratch:
    • Uninstall the vBCMS product from the Manage Products page
    • Verify all cms_* tables are deleted from the database
    • Reset the auto_increment for the table 'package' to 3 (in phpMyAdmin > Operations) (see note 1 below)
    • Reset the auto_increment for the table 'contenttype' to 17 (see note 2 below)
    • now go to the browser and run /install/upgrade.php?version=vbcms&only=1

note 1: As of this writing for vB4.1.1, after uninstalling the vbcms product, there should only be 2 rows in the package table, so the next auto_increment would be set to 3.
    note 2: As of this writing for vB4.1.1, after uninstalling the vbcms product, there should only be 16 rows in the contentid table, so the next auto_increment would be set to 17.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...