3.7.2 - Recurring problem - Products, drop down menu & profile tab stop working.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bellrosk
    • Aug 2009

3.7.2 - Recurring problem - Products, drop down menu & profile tab stop working.

Okay before I state my problem, I feel I should give you some background knowledge.

• I have bought the latest license available (VB 4), however chose to download 3.7.2 software.
    • I have chosen 3.7.2 software because it is the most viable for the community I'm creating the board for - there are appropriate products & styles for what is needed.
    • The community I'm creating for tend to use the same base template & aesthetics, therefore a friend who's an admin on a similar board took the default 'parent' style off that board and uploaded it as the default for us to work from. Now if you read my issue ahead, could there be some issue from doing this that could have caused the problem?
    • I have made a few template edits ONLY to the default style I uploaded from the other site & a child style - I haven't touched the vbulletin default template & yet the issues I'm going to list are showing up on it. I doubt it, but is there a possibility that something I edited on a template could cause such a huge problem with the board?

Ok here's the problem:

Firstly, I found that out of the blue, my board randomly mucked up. Here's a list of the errors I found:
    • Most, if not all of the products I installed stopped working
    • All drop down menus stopped working
    • The tab system in the profile stopped working, to be replaced by boxes
    • The admin cp got a bit clunky, wouldn't expand some links, couldn't edit templates (I noticed this the second time the problem happened, can't verify whether it happened the first time).
    • The skin changer at the bottom of the forum stopped working.
    • There is a huge margin at the bottom of every style, it is not template related, I have checked.

+ I'm sure there are more but those are what I can list of the top of my head. These problems are global and across all styles, even occurring on the vbulletin default style which I haven't touched.
    Can I just note that when this occurred I wasn't making any major changes to the board, perhaps modifying a template or so, maybe a phrase. I wasn't touching anything through the FTP and hadn't touched the database either. Also, this didn't occur directly after any product installation.

Well firstly I thought I'd mucked up, although I couldn't see how. Currently the board is in the early development stages so I thought it best to just uninstall and reinstall. This worked fine up until earlier this afternoon when the exact same error occurred, this time I realised it wasn't something I was doing.

Here are the products I have installed:
    • Nicer welcome greeting/Time Greeting
    • Member who have visited
    • Nospam!
    • Quick Account Switch
    • Skin View
    • Wired1's extra profile field page
    • Wired1's extra profile field tab

Now, has this ever occurred before? What is unusual is that it has happened twice, totally unaggregated. This leads me to believe that it is a problem with the database or my host, however I'd appreciate some help/guidance from the community here.

Thankyou in advance.
  • Bellrosk
    • Aug 2009

I'm really sorry to bump this, I'd like to get an opinion before I contact my host.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...