Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bergler
    • Dec 2006

[Forum] Red X through Attachments in IE8

My members using IE8 and some have reported it in IE7, a Red X through Attachments in a thread! Im just curious if this has been fixed or if it is going to be fixed??
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Your attachment path is wrong if that is happening. What does your source code say for those X'd out attachments in IE?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Bergler
      • Dec 2006

This is what I get when I view properties on the X'ed image,

is this what you mean?
      Last edited by Bergler; Wed 7 Apr '10, 3:01pm.

Comment

• lemonadesoda
        • Jan 2010

Why do people insist on providing links that are WORTHLESS without a LOGIN? Don't expect people to register just to see your "illustration".

Comment

• Bergler
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by lemonadesoda
          Why do people insist on providing links that are WORTHLESS without a LOGIN? Don't expect people to register just to see your "illustration".
          Its a red X through a picture, what is it you want to see? You have a bad attitude, I wouldn't want you to register on my forum, how about you take a hike, you are only making things worse!!

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

What does the page source say though? The image link - what is the exact html in the page that is giving the IE user a red x. That is what I want to know. Usually this is because the path is incorrect, like an extra / in there or something.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Bergler
              • Dec 2006

This is the URL http://www.flyfishbc.com/forums/thre...opper-patterns

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

You have something misconfigured on your site. I clicked on the attachment link and got this:

Code:
                ÿØÿà�JFIF������ÿþ�;CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62),  quality = 75 ÿÛ�C�           $.' ",#(7),
                etc.
                etc.
                But, that link doesn't help me since I don't have access to IE. I just wanted to know what was showing up in an IE users page source since obviously something is different for them than for a firefox user.

Look at the page source I am seeing for the attachment:
                Code:
                <a href="[URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/view-source:http://www.flyfishbc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1474&d=1268849130"]attachment.php?attachmentid=1474&amp;d=1268849130[/URL]" target="_blank">&#72 ;&#111 ; &#112 ;&#112 ;&#101 ;&#114  ;&#32 ;&#48 ;&#48 ;&#51 ;&#46 ;.jpg</a>

Why is the word "Hopper 003..jpg" being show like that instead of as Hopper 003.jpg?

Have you talked to your host about this? It seems like you have something set up strange with your server.

Hmmm, I cannot get it to show what I am seeing in the page source. This is what I see instead of the file name only I added spaces in here so I could print it:
                &#72 ;&#111 ; &#112 ;&#112 ;&#101 ;&#114 ;&#32 ;&#48 ;&#48 ;&#51 ;&#46 ;.jpg

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Charlie_Brown
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 4.1.x

I just used IE8 and it shows correct but not in thumbnail view. You may want to clear you cache in all your browsers and relogin. I use CCleaner it is free and does a great job.

Comment

• Bergler
                    • Dec 2006

Now I dont know what to say?

Comment

• Bergler
                      • Dec 2006

This have been like this for some time, since ie8 come out, any ideas as where or how to fix this? I put in a support request with my host(Media Temple) and revered them to this thread.

Comment

• Bergler
                        • Dec 2006

I just got a reply back from my host,

I agree that having "&#72;&#111;&#112;&#112;&#101;&#114; &#48;&#48;&#51;&#46;.jpg" as your image link is odd. However, I was unable to see the red line through the image in IE.

If you want us to take a look at this, can you explain in more detail how the image links are generated, where the images are stored in your file structure, etc.? At first glance, this looks like a coding issue, which (mt) Media Temple does not support. If you can explain more fully what the server might doing wrong, we'd be happy to look into this for you.

Once you provide us with this further information, we can continue to help you pinpoint the source of this issue.

All the best,
                        Should I open a bug report? I think I will

Edit: Link to reported bug. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=37323
                        Last edited by Bergler; Wed 7 Apr '10, 9:00pm.

Comment

• Bergler
                          • Dec 2006

After upgrading to 4.0.3. I cant see any attachments anywhere with IE8 now, see pics. This is brutal, now any member using IE8 cant see any attached image, even in the CMS!! All my images in the CMS are attached this way. What is the ratio of IE8 users to the rest.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Bergler; Thu 8 Apr '10, 9:09pm.

Comment

• fwulfers
                            • Jul 2010
                            • 4.2.x

I am having the same issue with images displaying a red X in IE8. My site currently is on vB 4.1.1

Was there ever a fix for this problem in IE8? Any other browser works fine but IE8 is still commonly used browser so... how can this be fixed?

Changing the "Disable IE8 Compatibility Mode" setting doesn't make a difference.
                            SaabWorld

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                              vBulletin Support
                              • Aug 2002
                              • 5.7.X

Go to AdminCP > Attachments > Attachment Manager and check the MIME-type for the image files to ensure it's correct.
                              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...