• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimWalter
    • Apr 2010
    • 3.8.x

Fusetalk Basic and mailing list integration

Hi

Fusetalk: having looked through the pre sales stuff and manuals impex refers to Fusetalk 2 as being importable, but we are currently using Fusetalk BASIC, will this import OK? Also does the DBase to be imported have to be on the same server?

Email integration: This mod seems to be what I want, but only refers to V3.7, I know you cant promise compatibility with V4 (or can you) but Im not sure what I will lose by using V3.7 to gain the email integration... Any thoughts?

Installation: You refer to an installation service, but do you do an import service too?

Practice installing: Finally could you advise on being able to install a copy on a home server to "play with before the real install" and removing it before going live etc, what are the "rules" on that. Many thanks

Tim
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

I don''t know about Fusetalk BASIC but the db has to be on the same server. The vb should be installed on the very same db that the source forum resides on. That is for the best results. If that is not possible, then at the very least you must make sure that the database user being used for vb has full access and permissions to the source forum's database.

About the Email integration mod, try to ask at the mod''s own thread if the owner plans to upgrade it for vb 4x. Or you could ask at vbulletin.org for someone to upgrade it for you.

Regarding the import service, I don''t really know if the vb staff does that as well but contact their sales department and they can tell you more about it.

Regarding Practice installing, as far as I know you are allowed to run a copy of vb for testing purposes as long as it remains closed for the public and it is htaccess passwod protected.

Hope it answered most of your questions

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

If its not listed there it may not work right or the same. The database should be on the same server, it does make things easier. It isn't impossible to do an off server import though.

I'm honestly not sure if a new license will have access to 3.7, at the very least know that 3.7 is in the lowest mode of support and not recomended to be used.

We do not have an import service at this time.

You can have a test install as long as its private, its in the license agreement

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...