Can you turn off the counting numbers in Categories?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ameran
    • Jan 2010

[Forum] Can you turn off the counting numbers in Categories?

Hi,

One question: is it possible to turn off the numbers close to the categories which are representing the quantity of articles inside those categories?

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	categories..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	3715333
    sigpic
  • darren1981
    • Oct 2007
    • 4.0.x

Yes you can do this.... search in templates for the following code:
    Code:
     [B]({vb:raw content.qty})[/B]
    <-- that appears in 2 templates find and delete this code.. the content count will no longer be shown.

Good luck

Comment

• setishock
      • Jun 2005
      • 4.2.x

Commenting it out is better if it doesn't happen to work as expected.
      Code:
      /*[B]({vb:raw content.qty})*/[/B]
      You can always go back and remove the /* */ and have it go back to work. If you delete it, it's gone.
      If you choose to go that route do a copy and paste of the template to note pad so you have it.

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
        • May 2007
        • 3.6.x

FWIW, I found it in three templates.

Also, I believe this would be a good option to have in the AdminCP without having to search templates.
        s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• ameran
          • Jan 2010

I searched for it and I found three templates which contain this code. I deleted them and tried, but the numbers are still there. s0lidgr0und is right, vBulletin team might add this feature just into the cpanel as an option. I like that idea.

sigpic

Comment

• bluecat
            • Apr 2002

It didn't work for me commenting it out, but it did work simply by removing from the first template that came up.

Comment

• Jacob_ITAPros
              • Apr 2010

I just tested this and it worked fine for me.

1. From the ACP, Navigate to: vBulletin CMS -> Layout Manager
              Find the section that you are looking to make the associated change in. Note the widget in use. It makes sense that the code snippet mentioned above would be in three templates. There are three default category display widgets. "Categories Widget (top-down)", "Category Widget (bottom-up)", and "Categories Widget (Show All)". Each refer to their own template. So make a note of the correct widget and let's head to the widgets page to be sure we grab the right template.
              2. From the ACP, Navigate to vBulletin CMS -> Widgets
              Find the widget that you are looking to modify, it should be the same as what you noted above in the section we're looking to make a change in.
              3. Click "Configure" next to the appropriate widget and note the exact template in use. (cancel, save, whatever)
              4. Navigate to Styles & Templates -> Search in Templates, paste the copied template name above, and search for it.
              5. Delete, comment out, whatever the code ({vb:raw content.qty}). For me this was on line 10.
              6. Save and reload.
              7. Check your section you should have the change. If not, try clearing your CMS cache.

Ok, I'm adding my code back now and removing this widget.

BTW, I believe the one you are looking at is in the vbcms_widget_categorynavall_page template.
              Last edited by Jacob_ITAPros; Sun 2 May '10, 1:42pm.
              Jacob
              IT Automation Professionals
              www.ITAutomationPros.com
              [email protected]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...