X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msimonds
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] error in updrade step 5 to vb 4.0.2

In the past I have never, ever had any issues with any upgrades. I have run into a few now with vb 4, but have been able to work through them.

Now I have run problems. I ran the upgrade twice and the same error

I get this error in step

vbulletin ... (Templates) (Stylevars) (Replacement Variables) (CSS) (Controls)
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mike/public_html/includes/adminfunctions_template.php on line 913

Anyone else?
    Last edited by msimonds; Thu 18 Feb '10, 1:24pm. Reason: correct mistakes
    Founder

http://www.sportsrant.com
  • msimonds
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.6.x

Also when I upgrade my templates in the admincp, I get this error

Style Manager
    Code:
    [CENTER][B]Rebuild Style Information[/B][/CENTER][INDENT]     [B]Updating style information for each style...[/B]
     [LIST][*][B]vbulletin[/B] ... (Templates) (StyleVars) (Replacement Variables) (CSS) (Controls) 
    [B]Warning[/B]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [B][path]/includes/adminfunctions_template.php[/B] on line [B]913[/B]
    [/LIST]

Seems there is an issue with the adminfunctions_template.php

What is going on these days... Are you guys not paying attention to detail like you used too??????????????????
    [/INDENT]
    Founder

Comment

• msimonds
      • Jan 2004
      • 3.6.x

any vbulletin developer out there!! Sure would like an answer on this one
      Founder

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Can you try this:

Go into your Admin CP under Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings. Set "Store CSS as files" to No. And then process your upgrade
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• msimonds
          • Jan 2004
          • 3.6.x

I will do that without any hesitation if you can assure me that it will not cause any issues and that I can run the upgrade again. Since these were only warnings, the upgrade did happen from what i can tell

Is there a patch for that script?
          Founder

Comment

• msimonds
            • Jan 2004
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
            Can you try this:

Go into your Admin CP under Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings. Set "Store CSS as files" to No. And then process your upgrade
            Okay Trevor I ran it as you said and there were no errors, worked perfectly. Thanks for that, but why is that causing an issue? It never has in the past
            Founder

Comment

• minimock2000
              • Nov 2006
              • 3.6.x

Same problem, and the fix noted works. However when you go to change it back to store as files you get an error. I believe sometimes even though I have changed the permissions on this file folder, it always reverts back during an upload of the new files for the upgrade. So if you check the permissions on the file folder before the upgrade, you probably wont get the error to begin with.

If you would like to store the CSS stylesheet for each style as a file, you must ensure that you have a directory called 'vbulletin_css' inside the 'clientscript' folder, and that the web server has permission to write and delete files within that directory.

However I notice I get an error when trying to add products back after returning style sheets to files.

Might be a bug, may just be me.
              Last edited by minimock2000; Sat 20 Feb '10, 12:42am.

Comment

• minimock2000
                • Nov 2006
                • 3.6.x

Everytime you try to save a stylevar it does but also with the error Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/adminfunctions_template.php on line 913

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Is your webserver in safe mode? Are the permissions on the vBulletin_css folder and its subfolders correct?

Comment

• trifletraxor
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 3.6.x

Same problem. In step 5-7, I get the "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../html/includes/adminfunctions_template.php on line 913" error message repeated over and over. Following Trevor's advice above, it upgraded without errors. However, I do want to store the CSS as files! The vbulletin_css folder was chmod 755. I changed it to 777, and tried reverting to "store as files" - but that resultet in the above error message getting repeated again. How can this be fixed? Is it a new software bug?

SGL.

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

Is your webserver in safe mode? Are the permissions on the vBulletin_css folder and its subfolders correct?

Comment

• trifletraxor
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                        My webserver is not in safe mode. The permissions on the vbulletin_css folder & subfolders was 755 - I changed this to 777 without this resolving anything.

SGL.

Comment

• ceho
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 4.1.x

Same for me tonight. CSS is stored as files (and this is what I want to keep). All permissions are set correctly and worked well in the past.

Pls. see the attachments showing the error messages I had.

Any ideas what to do? Is this having a serious impact on the proper functionality of the new forums?

Thanks a lot!
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Aug 2002
                            • 5.7.X

Switch CSS to the database then back out again and see if this works
                            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• ceho
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 4.1.x

So I should perform the upgrade again, changing the setting first? And then see if it works? After that go back?
                              sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...