4.0.2 upgrade broke my forums (redirect issue)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skyrider
    • Feb 2006

[Forum] 4.0.2 upgrade broke my forums (redirect issue)

I keep getting an error something about it doesnt redirect properly. Using Dutch Browser, so can't give the full proper english error. I've overwritten every single file on my FTP when I upgraded.

Error:
    The page isn't redirecting properly
    And when I do fix it by doing this in index.php:

/**
    * Use the CMS as the default script:
    */

// require('content.php');

/**
    * Use the forum as the default script:
    */

require('forum.php');
    The theme (all themes) are totally screwed up. All white, huge, images are missing, blank, it's just not even right anymore. I'm totally NOT happy with this upgrade. I've downgraded back to 4.0.1. Pretty disappointed. Even clearing my htaccess doesn't fix anything.

When I brought the database back to 4.0.1 and uploaded the 4.0.1 files, everything worked again when I used the above index.php. Even the forum themes were working properly. Not as messed up as shown in the attachments below.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Skyrider; Wed 17 Feb '10, 1:47am.
  • Skyrider
    • Feb 2006

Fixed by reverting all templates. Please vB mention this in the upgrade screens.

Comment

• syrus.xl
      • Jun 2005

Did you disable all plugins before upgrading? Sometimes it only takes one modification to break the CSS.

Comment

• Skyrider
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by syrus.xl
        Did you disable all plugins before upgrading? Sometimes it only takes one modification to break the CSS.
        HOnestly, I haven't. I'll remember that for the next time .

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

After you did your upgrade, didn't you get the screen telling you about a bunch of templates that need to be upgraded? Or did that screen never appear?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...