X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theezy
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

Child Support

In some cases they take as much as half of the other parent's paycheck, leaving him/her not being able to survive and giving the custodial parent more than enough money to take care of the child's basic needs..
    If someone does not pay child support, should they still be able to see their child?

What are your thoughts on child support?
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

You are very busy, Theezy...

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• theezy
      • Nov 2009
      • 3.8.x

huh?

Comment

• beishe8
        • Oct 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by theezy
        huh?

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Redseal
          • May 2007

Children should be able to get jobs at an early age to support themselves financially. If they are too lazy to get a job because they are obese than they should get onto some sort of government sponsored disability program.
          I love lamp

Comment

• cbiweb
            • Apr 2004
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by theezy
            If someone does not pay child support, should they still be able to see their child?
            Nope. You wanna play, you pay.
            ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• theezy
              • Nov 2009
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by cbiweb
              Nope. You wanna play, you pay.
              Nobody should have to pay to see their child. Yes they should be helping support the child but the child should not be deprived of seeing their father just because he doesn't have any money.

Comment

• cbiweb
                • Apr 2004
                • 4.1.x

Children are important enough to make sure you can support them. If you can't be responsible about it, there are two choices:
                1. Don't produce them.
                2. Don't produce them.

Circumstances beyond our control can make it hard to have money, but there should always be money for the children.

Comment

• Redseal
                  • May 2007

If one of the parents is nearly homeless withholding visiting rights because they can barely afford to eat and pay child support is something a child would do. Anyone who uses their children as a weapon is a terrible person and needs to reevaluate their life. I've seen it so many times with some close friends and there is really no reason for it. An adult would make a compromise.
                  I love lamp

Comment

• theezy
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Not to mention that the state keeps a big chunk of the money that should be put toward the child's care instead.
                    If I had full custody of my child and my ex had no way of paying any money or refused to pay any money, I wouldn't deprive my child of seeing her mother. That is just wrong. Whoever would do that is a sick person.

Comment

• cbiweb
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 4.1.x

Whoever would bring a child into this world and not sacrifice their own well-being for him/her is a sick person. Don't bear children if you can't bear having them. There's no excuse. And if you can't stay together as a couple, to bring the child up, then don't be a couple. And if you say "well we thought we were compatible", then don't be so quick to co-habitate. And if you discover you're not compatible regardless, then be the adult, suck it up, and make a good life the for the child. You made your choices, you live with them. Bailouts, handouts and cop-outs are weak and irresponsible. That's how the world has gotten into the mess it's in. It's time for adults to be adults.

Comment

• theezy
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 3.8.x

If Parent-A does not provide for the child, then Parent-B has to step up to the plate.

Is that fair to Parent-B? No, it isn't.

Does that give Parent-B the right to be unfair to the child and deprive them of a relationship with Parent-A? No, it doesn't.

Comment

• cbiweb
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 4.1.x

Your original question didn't sound like it was about parent-to-parent agreements, it sounded more like legal and court appointed arrangements, which is what I'm addressing. If the parents come to a mutual agreement where both can see the child, more power to them. But the courts and supposed "justice" system shouldn't force anything on them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...