X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theezy
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

Childhood obesity

Childhood obesity. Who is to blame for it? The parents? Television? School lunches? Other?
  • Redseal
    • May 2007

I blame the parents for being too lazy to show their kids how enjoyable it is to be outside. If they can't spend time with them, they should be spending money to put them into sports programs. Most people eat out instead of cooking a meal as well which leads to an unhealthy lifestyle. Bottom line, if your kid is fat it will be unhappy. If your kid is unhappy you are a crappy parent.
    I love lamp

Comment

• cbiweb
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.1.x

The parents are to blame. Parents are supposed to protect their children from the unhealthy influences of TV, school lunches and other. No one is responsible for our children except ourselves.
      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• Kimmi
        • Jan 2006

The parents fault for sure i know a kid hes 9 will be 10 in may he weighs 135 all he does is play video games watches tv or sits and eat junk food its uncalled for .. i make sure my kids get outside even when its cold out there.. and its working since one child is 12 and weighs like 80 pounds and one is 10 and weighs about 55...they dont sit there and eat junk food i dont buy alot of chips or candy either its uncalled for when parents blame tv or games for thier kids being over weight since you are not controlling that.. its thier own fault

Comment

• aussiefooty
          • Nov 2008
          • 6.0.X

I blame the kids saying that they want junk food. Or they want lollies or chocolate.

Not good for them at all.
          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
          Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• theezy
            • Nov 2009
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
            I blame the kids saying that they want junk food. Or they want lollies or chocolate.

That doesnt mean that the parents have to give it to them.

Comment

• Quillz
              • Nov 2004
              • 5.0.X

Genetics plays a role, too. If your family has a history of obesity, it's much more likely you'll be obese, too.
              Forums

Comment

• Prince
                • Sep 2001

it depends on their age, if we're talking grade school age then it's the parents.
                http://www.ironmagazine.com - blog
                http://www.ironmagazineforums.com - forums
                http://www.ironmaglabs.com - supplements

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
                  • May 2007
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson

Dude. Do you have kids?

Kids want a lot of things. As parents, it's our job to see that they get what they need and teach them about things, including healthy eating and the importance of exercise. A lot of parents use television and video games as a way to keep their kids busy - aka a babysitter.
                  s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• Kimmi
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by s0lidgr0und
                    Dude. Do you have kids?

Kids want a lot of things. As parents, it's our job to see that they get what they need and teach them about things, including healthy eating and the importance of exercise. A lot of parents use television and video games as a way to keep their kids busy - aka a babysitter.

Agree 100%

Comment

• Gamorreaner
                      • May 2008
                      • 3.8.x

A child is born as a white paper. A parents job is to teach him knowledge, love and happyness. Our society has changed this role of parents to let the media teach the children love (towards toys) and happyness, our teachers the unimportant knowledge and the parents how to get the income for all this substitute (love/happyness/knowledge) crap.

Why do we still need parents when children become cold hearted monsters, sitting in front of TV, watching the news while eating chips which make them fat, seeing another 100 people people get killed and feeling nothing?! I mean don't they know that every single killed person had a life/ a story before it became a mere number or title (terrorist, murderer...)? The worst people on earth had a life most people here could never imagine, not just because their imagination is formed by Mickey Mouse and Spongebob, but because everything around them destroys their abillitys to use their brain to its full potentials. The average IQ is something around 110. In my oppinion, that is much to low, it should be around 130-140 instead. People should be able to understand other peoples doings and not just judge them for them.

To make a long story short, its everyones fault, because everyone is to lazy to correct the big mistake made in our past.

Comment

• theezy
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 3.8.x

Dude. Do you have kids?

I agree! Great post.

Comment

• abotonyn
                          • Nov 2010
                          • 4.0.x

Neglect of family .. Good food and do not resist .. IMEI

Comment

• aussiefooty
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 6.0.X

Dude. Do you have kids?

No but I have nieces and nephews who are always wanting lollies and stuff like that. I know that their parents give in to their kids a bit.
                            Does it really matter that I don't have kids? I am only giving my opinion and there is NO need for YOU to jump down my throat.
                            I am kind of lucky that my nieces and nephews are super thin and love playing outside. They do a lot of exercise.
                            They do cross country running, they walk their dogs around the block, they are always playing outside with their friends.
                            As their aunty I have to make sure that they eat right when i am looking after them. Eating right means having fruit and those sorts of things. They usually have some fruit when they get home.
                            It's also what foods the parents cook up and how much oil and other fatty stuff that's in what they are all eating.
                            I know fast food is one way to get out of cooking but really it's only doing harm to you and your kids lives.
                            Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

• aussiefooty
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by theezy
                              That doesnt mean that the parents have to give it to them.
                              No but it means that some parents give in too easily. Instead of saying no go and have your fruit.
                              Offer them a fruit platter instead of cookies, lollies and chips and any other junk food.
                              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...