X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oracle simsim
    • Jul 2009

[Forum] Too many connections Database error

Hi

I have vbulletin suite 4.0. I always recieve this database error(over 200 alike message]

Database error in vBulletin :
    mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Too many connections
    /home/oracle/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 312

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Tuesday, February 9th 2010 @ 10:56:55 AM
    Error Date : Tuesday, February 9th 2010 @ 10:56:55 AM
    Script :
    http://www.kut-friends.net/showthread.php/[xxxxx]
    Referrer : http://www.kut-friends.net/forum.php
    IP Address : [some IP]
    Username : [sometimes blank, sometimes not]
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :

be aware that i receive this error message since the new installation of the suite up to now ( nearly 100 member)

why ?? and what can I do ?

vbulletin ... answer me
    منتديات درر العراق
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

The server has maxed out the number of MySQL connections it allows. You can try turning persistent connections off by adding this to your config.php:
    PHP Code:
    $config['MasterServer']['usepconnect'] = 0
    But, if you still have the problem you will have to talk to your host about raising that limit. Also, see this Common MySQL Error Messages

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Oracle simsim
      • Jul 2009

The wonderful Lynne .

this line of code is already exist in my config.php file. The persistent connections is turned off from the begining of the forum

My host said that the max connection is (100). I think (100) is very ok regarding my forum size

there is a problem Lynne. There is a problem. I dont know what is it. I am very uneasy.

I recieved over 200 error messages before a while.

help me please.. tell me what can I do
      منتديات درر العراق

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Unfortunately, I am not very good with servers - servers and I have a civil, but not pleasant, relationship - so I'm not really able to make suggestions for you. You can look over that document and if it doesn't help you, you may want to post in the Server Configuration forum and see if they can recommend something for you to try.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Videx
          • Jan 2007

You certainly shouldn't be hitting a limit with only 100 members. Unless you mis-spoke and you mean you have 100 on at once. We know the default vb4 doesn't have this error, so the question becomes: Have you tried disabling all your mods, then enabling them one by one to see which of those is causing the error?

Comment

• Oracle simsim
            • Jul 2009

no no ... my forum has 129 member exactly,

I worked on other forums for my friends on the same host and resources, they have very large database and many many members and mods, but I never see like this error message

I am afraid that my database is corrupted.

yesterday, I removed most of the mods ... except the style

I will check when go home my inbox to see if there is any other error messages.

thank you friends. if you have any suggestions.. please let me know them
            Last edited by Oracle simsim; Wed 10 Feb '10, 4:04am.
            منتديات درر العراق

Comment

• kat00
              • Dec 2006

If someone inadvertantly stays on the enter button, somthing resting on the enter button for instance you will generate that error........It could be something as simple as that.
              ttttt

Comment

• Oracle simsim
                • Jul 2009

Ooooooooooh MY GOD ... I found more than 60 db error messages of the same type waiting me

even me .... I encountered many Database error in my browser when browsing my forum

I think it is a bug in vbulletin 4.
                منتديات درر العراق

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Its not a bug.

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

This is definitely a server issue, not a vbulletin issue.

Comment

• Videx
                      • Jan 2007

I assume you've already tried repairing your db in phpmyadmin or via admincp, so I think at this point you need to try to start fresh. Backup your db, uninstall all mods, upload all the vb4 files, allowing overwrite, and run the upgrade script. Don't install any mods until you're sure the basic install is working. If running the upgrade script doesn't work, I might just wipe everything and run a new install.

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

No need to do any of that, this is a SERVER ISSUE no ammount of messing ith vBulletin code will fix the issue.

Comment

• Oracle simsim
                          • Jul 2009

sirs... I removed the style and all the mods .. the database error messages stops reaching me ( except a single sitemap errors)

I will not install anything else .. until the the new release of the vbulletin

I am sorry for consuming you time .. thank you
                          منتديات درر العراق

Comment

• hoangminh
                            • Jan 2005

I think this is the vBulletin issue, not the server issue.

I use the dedicated server. Before I upgrade to vb4, latest version I used is 3.8.4 PL1 and never had this error before (for many years with about 1000 users online), but after upgrade to vB4, this error happens frequently, even with only 100 users online???? - NO PRODUCT, NO PLUGIN (disable hook in config.php).

So, this is obviously the problem of vB4.

Personally, I think the vBulletin code open too much connections but did not reused the open connection, especially when the forum block update data, this error happens most!

Please fix this as soon as possible

Comment

• SticKer13
                              • May 2008
                              • 4.2.X

I had similar problem for over 3 months and I thought it was something to do with the server. After several email exchanges with the hosting guys I decided to check on the plugins installed. So I disabled most of the plugins to see if it was something to do with the plugins. And it turned out that the arcade system that was installed was probably the reason for the errors. I have the arcade system disabled and haven't got any error message since then.

Do check the plugins/products installed and see if any of them is causing the error messages.
                              Webmaster Forum - Webmaster Marketplace

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...