VB4 - Just Upgraded - VBSEO - What To Do ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wilczek
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] VB4 - Just Upgraded - VBSEO - What To Do ?

All,

Appreciate some input on this. I naturally thought VBSEO would be compatible and now I have upgraded and found out it will be compatible if I shell out $149. VBSEO was extremely hard work and the support was quite poor for me to get to where I felt I was happy with the product. Was I happy in the end ? No idea, as I have no idea how my site would have done if I had not installed it or if I had installed it and not gone through the painstaking process of critique, learning technical speak and putting in a good few weeks of effort.

Sorry, moan over.

Anyway, with the new VB4 it seems there are a number of things I can do that mean VBSEO (it's not so much the cost - it's the effort) is maybe not so necessary any more. Yeah yeah yeah - VB will never be as good as VBSEO - we all know that and if you want it confirmed just ask on the VBSEO forum.

My main point is - has anyone done a basic - optimise your VB4 site using it's own SEO by doing x, y, z - And then you will not need VBSEO - Or even, if you do x, y, z and don't use VBSEO - you will only miss out on abc functionallity - so don't worry about it.

Looking really for helpful advice and pointers for a non-techie with not much of a clue about SEO.

W
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

you should be able to use similar methods that we used to optimize vbulletin 3.8 to optimize vbulletin 4.0

ps.. the new seo settings in 4.0 are still no match for what vbseo does
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• wilczek
      • Feb 2009
      • 3.8.x

Thanks for that - My immediate question would be - Isn't there lots of new stuff in VB4 that could be added to this base list - Or am I reading too much into whats's been added SEO wise to VB4.

I know at the end of the day i will probably do a collective - this is what I did for VB4 SEO optimisation so hopefully we will get a little more input and I will look into going through the post you kindly referred me to.

ps .... Appreciate the humour (and the response).

W

Comment

• wilczek
        • Feb 2009
        • 3.8.x

Anyone else care to chip in here ?

Comment

• motowebmaster
          • Mar 2006
          • 3.5.x

I'm a VBSEO fanatic, but the standard seo features in vb4 will provide you with some benefits. Any site with good content is going to be indexed by Google and any other reputable search engine regardless if you've got vbseo or not. VBSEO simply covers the gaps and throws in other great features.
          Shawn

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by wilczek
            Isn't there lots of new stuff in VB4 that could be added to this base list
            No.
            Or am I reading too much into whats's been added SEO wise to VB4.
            Yes.

Rushing into vB4 on a fully functional 3.8 forum running such a big modification as vBSEO sounds foolhardy to me. It's like installing Windows 7 on your work computer the day it's launched.

Comment

• Ace
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.2.X

Appreciate some input on this. I naturally thought VBSEO would be compatible and now I have upgraded and found out it will be compatible if I shell out $149.
              Hi wilczek,

If you have an active vBSEO license for your forum, you can download the new version that is compatible with vBulletin 4. It's in late RC stage at the moment, but I have been running it on 2 of my vB4 sites for months without problems.

If your license is expired, the renewal is $35, no need to repurchase for $149.
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• wilczek
                • Feb 2009
                • 3.8.x

Thanks Everyone

All,

Just wanted to thank you all for your input, it is very much appreciated.

Regards,

W

Comment

• oddmud
                  • Oct 2009

I'm still toying with the idea to install vBSEO. Thought this thread might help, but I'm just as unsure still. :P
                  Jason Craig – Partner
                  Wet Coast Sports LTD
                  Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

Comment

• oddmud
                    • Oct 2009

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...234192&page=14 - wouldn't this do the same job?
                    Jason Craig – Partner
                    Wet Coast Sports LTD
                    Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

Comment

• Ace
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by oddmud
                      That mod adds keywords to the landing page, based on the search terms used to reach it. That's pretty much what it does.

vBSEO does these things.
                      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...