• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam H
    • Apr 2008
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Problem with RSS buttons on forumhome

As requested in this thread:

I have started my own thread, basically when the little orange RSS buttons for each forum on the forumhome are pressed they go to a blank page , the main forum RSS works but not the individual forums, the URL looks like this :

external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=17

Now this is an IMport from PHPBB so maybe there is something wrong with the import of new posts, The rest of the forum is working fine apart from that.
    The opinions expressed in forum posts are my own personal opinions and do not represent any companies that i am associated with.
  • Adam H
    • Apr 2008
    • 4.1.x

Just to add , ive also re-uploaded vb files again and tested it with the default skin and disabled all plugins and still no joy
    The opinions expressed in forum posts are my own personal opinions and do not represent any companies that i am associated with.

Comment

• Adam H
      • Apr 2008
      • 4.1.x

Anyone got any idea's on this ? After being told to start a new thread by staff i thought i might have got a pretty fast reply since they had time to tell me to start a new thread on exactly the same problem ?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Link to your forums?
        Are guests allow to read your forums?
        Are RSS Feeds enabled? AdminCP > Settings > Options > External Data Providers >
        Is the url you're trying to pull from a category or a forum?

Comment

• Adam H
          • Apr 2008
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
          Link to your forums?
          Are guests allow to read your forums?
          Are RSS Feeds enabled? AdminCP > Settings > Options > External Data Providers >
          Is the url you're trying to pull from a category or a forum?

Thanks for getting back to me Zach ,

Guests are not allowed to view the forums no...................hmmm i think i see where this is going lol.

All external data providers are on

the main forum RSS URL is fine , its just the category Feeds which is the problem , but as you have just brought to my attention RSS wouldnt work because the forum is locked to guests.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
            • May 2002
            • 1.1.x

Yeah, RSS is based on guest permissions, so no guest permissions mean that nothing will be in the RSS.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...