[Discussion] SE - Swedish Language Pack [vBulletin 4.0.1] (suite)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anders P
    • Feb 2002

[Discussion] SE - Swedish Language Pack [vBulletin 4.0.1] (suite)

OK, here is my translation for 4.0.1:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...Language-Pack-[vBulletin-4-0-1]-(suite)

Note that this is utf8, if one uses ISO-8859-1 one need to convert the files first and change the language settings.

/Anders
    Last edited by Trevor Hannant; Wed 20 Jan '10, 2:05pm.
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.
  • Anders P
    • Feb 2002

Bumping this so people will notice that it is now awailable.

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• pyd
      • Feb 2005
      • 3.8.x

Sweet!
      However, one question about the collation.
      There are a lot of utf8-variants...
      Should I use "utf8_bin" or maybe "utf8_general_ci", or even "utf8_swedish_ci"?

Comment

• No1Viking
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Anders P
        Note that this is utf8, if one uses ISO-8859-1 one need to convert the files first and change the language settings.

/Anders
        How do I convert to UTF8?

Michael

Comment

• Anders P
          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by pyd
          Sweet!
          However, one question about the collation.
          There are a lot of utf8-variants...
          Should I use "utf8_bin" or maybe "utf8_general_ci", or even "utf8_swedish_ci"?
          I don't now the difference of the different variations, but I use "utf8_general_ci" in my database.

/Anders
          Anders Pettersson

Comment

• Anders P
            • Feb 2002

Originally posted by No1Viking
            How do I convert to UTF8?

Michael
            I am not sure if you mean how to convert the language files or the database.
            If you use ISO-8859-1 as the encoding for your pages (in the language settings, as the default is for English) and have the database set to "latin1/latin1_swedish_ci", then you would need to convert the language files and change the language settings after you upload it (or change it directly in the xml files before uploading). From what I understand that is possible with many text editors.

If you want to convert your database to utf8 I am not sure since I have never done that. But I did a quick google and found this:
            Photography Life provides articles, news, digital camera and lens reviews, tips and detailed tutorials to photographers of all levels.

This isn't anything I know alot about, but I have understood that utf8 is the best for the future so that is why I started my sites with that and thus my language pack are utf8 as well.

/Anders
            Anders Pettersson

Comment

• Dotcomdotcom
              • Jan 2007

How do you instll this?

Comment

• ejwbegysv
                • Feb 2010

How to get the CMS and Blogg lang installed?

Comment

• Anders P
                  • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Dotcomdotcom
                  How do you instll this?
                  Upload the xml files in the language manager.

Originally posted by ejwbegysv
                  How to get the CMS and Blogg lang installed?
                  Just as the main language, choose overwrite the same language name (Svenska in this case), it won't actually owerwrite just add the phrases for that product.

/Anders
                  Anders Pettersson

Comment

• Tutatruck
                    • Sep 2007

Excuse me for a maybe stupid question, i´m all new to vBulletin (as of today actually). There are three files in the language package. I will be running the classic forum, should i use only the file called vbulletin401_swedish_language then? Is it like the "main" language file used for classic forum only?

Comment

• Anders P
                      • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Tutatruck
                      Excuse me for a maybe stupid question, i´m all new to vBulletin (as of today actually). There are three files in the language package. I will be running the classic forum, should i use only the file called vbulletin401_swedish_language then? Is it like the "main" language file used for classic forum only?
                      Yes, that is correct.

/Anders
                      Anders Pettersson

Comment

• Tutatruck
                        • Sep 2007

Thank you for answer! It worked perfectly :-) And may i add that the translation is of superb quality, very good work.

Comment

• Anders P
                          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Tutatruck
                          Thank you for answer! It worked perfectly :-) And may i add that the translation is of superb quality, very good work.
                          Thanks.

/Anders
                          Anders Pettersson

Comment

• Dotcomdotcom
                            • Jan 2007

My Å Ä Ö got scrweded up after installed this language pack, what could be the problem?

Comment

• Anders P
                              • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Dotcomdotcom
                              My Å Ä Ö got scrweded up after installed this language pack, what could be the problem?
                              Read hat I wrote in my first post:
                              Originally posted by Anders P
                              So I guess that you use ISO-8859-1.

/Anders
                              Anders Pettersson

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...