X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam H
    • Apr 2008
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] How to turn off automatic quick reply

Ive got members complaining that the forum now goes straight to quick reply when pressing the reply to thread button , i want the quick reply to remain in the thread so switching it off isnt the answer but how can i set it so that when "reply to thread" is pressed it goes to the usual advanced editor ?
    The opinions expressed in forum posts are my own personal opinions and do not represent any companies that i am associated with.
  • Ferrari27
    • Jan 2010

You can't I believe, but you can inform your members to double click the reply button to open the full reply page, but agree there should be an option to set it how you suggest

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
      • May 2007
      • 3.6.x

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Message Posting and Editing Options > Quick Reply > No.
      s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• Adam H
        • Apr 2008
        • 4.1.x

haha i never knew that , however i think there should be an option to set it as default , its alot of hassle to tell 10,000 plus members that they now have to double click the reply button , you can gaurantee that 75% of them wont listen and will still be asking the same question over and over lol .

Even if i have to do it via MySQL could some one please tell me how to set it as default
        The opinions expressed in forum posts are my own personal opinions and do not represent any companies that i am associated with.

Comment

• Adam H
          • Apr 2008
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by s0lidgr0und
          AdminCP > Settings > Options > Message Posting and Editing Options > Quick Reply > No.
          As mentions above i dont want to switch off Quick reply

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
            • May 2007
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by riverwire
            As mentions above i dont want to switch off Quick reply
            Sorry. That's what I get for reading too quick.

I don't have that issue on my site. Hmm. Weird.
            s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• Baldrick
              • May 2002

An easy fix for this is just to remove the Reply to thread-id that triggers the javascript.

In template SHOWTHREAD search for "newreplylink_top" and "newreplylink_bottom" and just rename them. Then will you have the quick reply at the bottom but if you click on the Reply to thread-link it will go directly to the advanced reply.

You can also change this for the Reply-links, in template postbit_legacy search for qr_ and rename it.
              Last edited by Baldrick; Wed 27 Jan '10, 7:38am.

Comment

• Ferrari27
                • Jan 2010

Nice one that's fixed it

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
                  • May 2007
                  • 3.6.x

Is there anything we should/shouldn't rename them to?

Comment

• Clickfinity
                    • Jul 2007

In a similar vein, are there any plans to do away with the double-click requirement and return the reply button to 3.8.x behaviour and make the quick-reply box collapsable again?

Thanks,
                    Shaun
                    --
                    CycleChat | GeeksChat | Clickfinity

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
                      • May 2007
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by CycleChat
                      In a similar vein, are there any plans to do away with the double-click requirement and return the reply button to 3.8.x behaviour and make the quick-reply box collapsable again?

Thanks,
                      Shaun
                      I hope so. It's pointless.

Comment

• Ferrari27
                        • Jan 2010

I like some of the double click features, such as marking a forum read, or closing threads, but for reply it really is not good for general useage for members.

I just added a 1 to the end of those names listed above and the reply to button works as 3.8 so "newreplylink_top1"

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
                          • May 2007
                          • 3.6.x

I made the changes and it works as I believe it should out-of-the-box.

Thanks guys.

Comment

• djbaxter
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Baldrick
                            An easy fix for this is just to remove the Reply to thread-id that triggers the javascript.

In template SHOWTHREAD search for "newreplylink_top" and "newreplylink_bottom" and just rename them. Then will you have the quick reply at the bottom but if you click on the Reply to thread-link it will go directly to the advanced reply.

You can also change this for the Reply-links, in template postbit_legacy search for qr_ and rename it.
                            That fixes the "+Reply to Thread" button nut not the "Reply with Quote" button, which still goes to Quick Reply.
                            Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
                            Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

• L-Mane
                              • Sep 2002
                              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Baldrick

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...