X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atgv
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Several Problems After upgrade

I have upgraded 3.8.4 to 4.0.1 yesterday. I experienced no problem while doing so. However it seems several problems related to functionality occured. These are:

1- Cant create new PM (white page come)
    2- Cant see PM (white page come)
    3- when create new post or reply white page come - if refresh i get double post notification but then see it s ok. So posting and replying become 2 step process
    4- when editing post after fiinish white page come - no refresh chance like in problem3

Any help is appreciated
  • atgv
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.6.x

+ 5 - Search is not functioning properly

edit: i m rebuilding search index so i hope it would fix. but other problems still exist
    Last edited by atgv; Sun 17 Jan '10, 7:04am. Reason: additional problem

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Have you tried re-downloading and uploading the files gain to ensure that you don't have a corrupted version of the files on your server? Have you also disabled all plugins AND products with the exception of the vB Blog and CMS (if Suite has been installed)?
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• atgv
        • Dec 2007
        • 3.6.x

Thanks for response. I will immidiately check the link and see what s happening..

one point is that situation happened without any plugins & products. That s why i surprised a lot..

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by atgv
          Thanks for response. I will immidiately check the link and see what s happening..

one point is that situation happened without any plugins & products. That s why i surprised a lot..
          Ahh there is the common misconception... currently even in 4.0.1 ANY old 3.x styles can cause errors or bugs in how 4.0 displays I ran into this just a few days ago. You might be experiencing problems from something else so I'm not sure but if you have any old styles delete them. Also an old .htaccess file can cause issues as well on occasions again that also depends on what's inside the htaccess.

Mike

Former vBulletin Support Staff
          Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
          Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• atgv
            • Dec 2007
            • 3.6.x

Thanks Mike for help. I have deleted old styles immidiatelly after upgrade to VB4.0.1. I agree that there is something different but really so strange for me.

For example; earlier i experienced white page problem related with PM's at 3.8.3 or 8.4 and i solved it by disabling auro-quoting in quick reply area.

But this time not only reading PM's but also creating PM's is problematic. No-ability to edit posts is another big problem.

Moreover; create a post then delete it ... result is that post is seen on main page ( if that s latest) but give u no access to inside

huhh too many things to say

btw what should it be in htcaccess file ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by atgv
              Thanks Mike for help. I have deleted old styles immidiatelly after upgrade to VB4.0.1. I agree that there is something different but really so strange for me.

For example; earlier i experienced white page problem related with PM's at 3.8.3 or 8.4 and i solved it by disabling auro-quoting in quick reply area.

But this time not only reading PM's but also creating PM's is problematic. No-ability to edit posts is another big problem.

Moreover; create a post then delete it ... result is that post is seen on main page ( if that s latest) but give u no access to inside

huhh too many things to say

btw what should it be in htcaccess file ?

Thanks in advance
              htaccess well it dpends you can do many things with it I simply recommended checking it.. you can rename from .htaccess to htaccess.php and if problems go away you know that was it

On the style note, if you make a copy of your 3.8 site to TEST the 4.0 upgrade on once you have the copy site up and connected via the new DB clone and config file delete all the old mods and styles on the test site before upgrading it to 4.0

Mike

Former vBulletin Support Staff
              Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
              Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• atgv
                • Dec 2007
                • 3.6.x

@superman I havent clone my db.. what is worse that i havent got 3.8.4 backup.

@Trevor Hannant I re-upped files and i see no change. other things not worked as well

Should i try ticket solution. Bcz it seems no way i can do alone

btw another problem is: lets say there is 1 page with 20 post. somehow u achieve to post a message as 21st. it always stuck on page 1 no matter u click go last page or page number 2. I go insane... day by day problems increasing...

+ i deleted a forum, but i still see it on ACP forum manager & forum
                Last edited by atgv; Mon 18 Jan '10, 12:47pm.

Comment

• atgv
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 3.6.x

sorry for bumping post but 4 days passed here & 2 days passed over my last response to my ticket.. Any help from VB team appreciated...

Thanks

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

If you delete a forum from within AdminCP and it's still appearing then either:

1. There are corrupt files in your installation so that the correct queries are not being run
                    2. Your server is caching content so that you're seeing an old copy of your site

Does the forum disappear immediately after you delete it then re-appear later or does it not delete at all?
                    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...