How about you guys fix your website so people can upgrade their forum on the weekend

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dodgez
    • Apr 2005

How about you guys fix your website so people can upgrade their forum on the weekend

Or maybe pick up the damn phone on the weekend. that would be nice............. It would be so shocking if you could make a payment online, I loved to see that feature in 2010. I bet someone is working to delete this post....
  • Al Zander
    • Aug 2001

Are you having trouble downloading a release? I have no trouble accessing either the forums or the members' download area. As for support, you could always post your issue in the version-appropriate Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting forum and others here may be able to help you, in addition to vB support staff.

Comment

• dodgez
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Al Zander
      Are you having trouble downloading a release? I have no trouble accessing either the forums or the members' download area. As for support, you could always post your issue in the version-appropriate Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting forum and others here may be able to help you, in addition to vB support staff.
      The trouble is buying the upgrade. I think you missed the point of needing to upgrade this weekend. I work m-f 9-5 so I don't have time to call them and hassle with the BS. Their sales group doesn't work on the weekend

Comment

• Mike Anime
        • Oct 2004
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by dodgez
        The trouble is buying the upgrade. I think you missed the point of needing to upgrade this weekend. I work m-f 9-5 so I don't have time to call them and hassle with the BS. Their sales group doesn't work on the weekend

you CAN pay online with paypal

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

We do not have phone pre-sales agents available on the weekends. We also do not do any sales over the phone.

You can make purchases and upgrades online here: http://www.vbulletin.com/order Make sure you click on Customer Login near the top right of your screen.

Comment

• Riasat
            • Aug 2006

It would be so shocking if you could make a payment online, I loved to see that feature in 2010.
            People from all other the world is buying vB through *cough* online *cough* payment system!

Comment

• Mike Anime
              • Oct 2004
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by CvP
              People from all other the world is buying vB through *cough* online *cough* payment system!

yup and for years and years i got my first copy of vB in 2004 and payed for it *hickup* online *hickup* with paypal.

Comment

• dodgez
                • Apr 2005

Yeah, the problem is it failed. The online payment failed. By paypal or by CC it didn't work. It failed to work online. It wasn't working. It was broke and it failed. I couldn't pay online and I couldn't get anyone on the phone.

I recall the same kind of issues before when trying to upgrade one of my sites. I finally got it to work. It charged me twice and one of the charges was happened when it said it failed. I find it shocking you people find it hard to believe there could be a problem with the payment system here. With all the bug fixes for the forum software why wouldn't you think there could be a problem with the site.

Comment

• Colin F
                  • May 2004

In your case the payment was rejected by the credit card processor. This is something we have no control over I'm afraid.
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• ChopSuey
                    • Apr 2009

It was broke and it failed. I couldn't pay online and I couldn't get anyone on the phone.
                    Put some money in your bank then. PayPal (or vBulletin) should have no problems taking money from your bank (if you have any.) to give you a license upgrade.

Comment

• dodgez
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Colin F
                      In your case the payment was rejected by the credit card processor. This is something we have no control over I'm afraid.
                      So why did it end up charging my card then? Do your charges come from the Europe or the US?

Originally posted by Ak Worm
                      Put some money in your bank then. PayPal (or vBulletin) should have no problems taking money from your bank (if you have any.) to give you a license upgrade.
                      If I have any... I hear you buddy. Funny, I had enough to cover being charged twice. I don't tie paypal to my bank account, that is for suckers....

It is still sad that you can't get an one from sales on the phone during business hours. I am at work doing business hours and can't be on the phone doing forum stuff while I am working. I mean how many people use forums for hobbies and not business? I know some people make a business out of forums but I'd guess most are just doing it on the side. You guys are also failing note the ordering system failed and allowed a double charged. You guys can act like the payment system is all flowers and butterflies but it isn't.

Comment

• Colin F
                        • May 2004

So why did it end up charging my card then? Do your charges come from the Europe or the US?
                        If you could open a ticket to my attention I'll gladly look into it.

I'm not sure what you mean with your second question.
                        Best Regards
                        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• dodgez
                          • Apr 2005

I did have a ticket open. I am not worried about it anymore so no need to open another ticket. Everyone else can fend for themselves if they have the same problem. My question about where the charge comes from is from my bank's stand point. Does it look like I am at a store in Europe trying to buy something from my bank's eyes???? If so I am sure my bank would reject it.

Comment

• Loco.M
                            • Mar 2005
                            • 3.5.x

I guess I'm a sucker, I've had my bank account tied to paypal since early 2000's
                            I've also never had a problem buying any products online or getting support.
                            It sounds like it was an issue with you bank, not so much with vbulletin itself
                            -- Web Developer for hire
                            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• dodgez
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Loco.M
                              I guess I'm a sucker, I've had my bank account tied to paypal since early 2000's

I've also never had a problem buying any products online or getting support.
                              Nor have I. Only with VB.

It sounds like it was an issue with you bank, not so much with vbulletin itself
                              If I can't pay then it is a problem for VB. They are in the business of taking money.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...