X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iMatt
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by forexjoker
    Settings->Options->Cookies and HTTP Header Options ->Cookie Domain (This option sets the domain on which the cookie is active.)Suggested Settings(Blank)-> change to yourdomain.com
    Make sure that you clean your cookies after that. Hope that would help. If not let me know.
    I did try this already, but I will give it another shot this afternoon and let you know how it goes.
    sigpic
    - Computer Hardware & Software Tech Support Forum - & Maternal Online | Pregnancy & Parenting Portal

Comment

• forexjoker
      • Nov 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by iMatt
      I did try this already, but I will give it another shot this afternoon and let you know how it goes.
      But make sure that you clean up the cookies and CMS Cache before you login. It is cookies issue I so if you would not get lucky let me know I'll take a look at your website, This is really common problem but so far I helped about 3 members to fix it. So keep us informed.
      Latest International News,
      Interviews and Articles,
      Foreign News Translations.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Anytime you make cookie changes you may (read will) have to clear your cookies at the very least for your site.

Comment

• crazyace
          • Dec 2009
          • 3.8.x

I have a fix for this. Under "Forum URL" make sure that you have www.yoursite.com if your forums are on the main root but if you have them in a folder you will need to have it like this. www.yoursite.com/forums

This fixed the problem for me. I noticed that by default it has http://yoursite.com or http://yoursite.com/forums

If this works for everyone please post a reply to this

Comment

• crazyace
            • Dec 2009
            • 3.8.x

Bump, did this work for anyone?

Comment

• crazyace
              • Dec 2009
              • 3.8.x

Another small bump :-D

Comment

• iMatt
                • Feb 2009

I used the .htaccess file and redirected domain.com to www,domain.com and it resolved the issue. For some reason 4.0.1 was swapping between the two while users were browsing my site.
                sigpic
                - Computer Hardware & Software Tech Support Forum - & Maternal Online | Pregnancy & Parenting Portal

Comment

• crazyace
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 3.8.x

Just changing it in the admin panel would have solved that also

Comment

• iMatt
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by crazyace
                    Just changing it in the admin panel would have solved that also
                    Nope, it did not for me.
                    sigpic

Comment

• audiokid
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 4.1.x

I tried some of these ( I haven't read all the posts here) However, changing from blank page to my domain only create more problem for members. They couldn't log out or login, including me. Even when I cleared my cookies, I couldn't logout anymore until I put it back to blank. Doing all this only pisses off members. The ones that aren't effected before, once I made the changes, messed them up. It's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. I have long time members that haven't been able to login to vB 4 since the day I turned it on. I have no idea how to help them.

Can we dump the cookies on the server so everyone starts with a clean slate.
                      Cheers!

RECORDING ORG
                      created for musicians, by musicians

Comment

• iMatt
                        • Feb 2009

Pls do read all the posts here, you can try changing the Cookie prefix (which didn't work for me) or doing a redirect like I did.
                        sigpic

Comment

• audiokid
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 4.1.x

I've done the redirect as well, which hasn't solved the members that can't login from day one..
                          Cheers!

RECORDING ORG

Comment

• iMatt
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by audiokid
                            I've done the redirect as well, which hasn't solved the members that can't login from day one..
                            Are they getting any error messages?
                            sigpic

Comment

• audiokid
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 4.1.x

Sure, I hope you can help.

No, I was not able to log in. I do not even get an email response when I request a password reset on the home page, and I’ve tried both of my emails just in case I forgot which one I used.
                              I’ve deleted all of the cookies and reset both FireFox and Safari, but I’m still not able to log in.
                              I've been on yourdomain.com for quite a few years now as "" and cannot log on since the site was upgraded. Any suggestions?
                              It’s the same password and the same email that I’ve used for at least six (6) years. When I request a reset/new password from the robot I do not get a return email.
                              Cheers!

RECORDING ORG

Comment

• iMatt
                                • Feb 2009

Its sounds like a config issue, I am in no way a vB expert but have you done a test email from the admin cpanel?
                                sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...