Own 4.0 suite. Can I download/install forum only?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gesman
    • Dec 2009

[Suite] Own 4.0 suite. Can I download/install forum only?

I own 4.0 suite license and noticed that I cannot download forum separately.
    Is it possible to download 4.0 forum only?
    Is it possible to downgrade license to forum only?

If not, is it possible to just install forum - or I am stuck with installing the whole package, including extra DB tables and files that I don't need?

Gleb
  • Merjawy
    • Sep 2002

When you install, it prompts you to install CMS, choose No and once forum installed, go to ACP >> Products/plugins and disable OR remove the Blog

if you installed CMS, you can also disable OR remove from there too
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Or simply remove the 'product-cms.xml file from the includes/xml folder and it won't install at all
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• gesman
        • Dec 2009

Excellent, thank you.

Gleb

Comment

• Peter_AUS
          • Nov 2007
          • 4.2.X

Is this why there is no separate Forum download showing now in the members area for those that purchased the Full Suite ?
          Thanks,

Peter

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

The Forum Only option was shown in error I believe. If you purchase the suite, you should only have access to the Suite but you can disable sections to get forums only.
            Vote for:

Comment

• Peter_AUS
              • Nov 2007
              • 4.2.X

As the forum is technically a down grade from the Suite, there should still be the option for those not wanting to install the CMS side of things to just install the forum only, it isn't like the owners are breaking the licence agreement by using just the forum, and it would also help those members wanting to change over to the forum without having to go through so much to not install the CMS until it has matured a bit more than it currently is. Surely intelligent people can see this as being a sensible point for those members that did fork out the money up front, sight unseen, loyalty does work both ways you know.
              Thanks,

Peter

Comment

• Ferrari27
                • Jan 2010

its very easy not to install the cms though and just the forum, it asks you during the install so I don't see the need for a forum only package. You bought the suite package and that's what you can download it's not like they are not giving you what you paid for.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

As I said in post 3, remove (or rename) the blog and CMS xml files and they will not be setup. If you decide to add these later, upload/rename them and running the upgrade script will add them to the installation.
                  Vote for:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...