X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shorecogs
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

[CMS] CMS Usergroup Permissions don't work

Is this a known bug? I set the CMS usergroup permissions so that unregistered users can't see the CMS, but when I log out of my forum and go to the CMS page, I see it anyway.

This is the page I am refering to. It's under construction so I wanted to restrict access to it until it's done:

• philg
    • Nov 2005

I am having a similar problem.. permissions don't seem to be working..

Comment

• shorecogs
      • Nov 2009
      • 3.8.x

bump?

Comment

• Edwin Brown
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2009
        • 5.5.x

No, that isn't a known bug, at least not to me. Could you please post a screenshot of the CMS root privileges page?
        Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• Sarcoth
          • Sep 2006

I'm having a similiar problem as well, but for me, none of my registered users can see the CMS, but the unregistered and administrator groups can see it fine. My CMS root privileges page has every group checked in the Read column except for the Banned group. The Administrator group has every column checked, Super Mod has the first 3 checked, Moderators has the first 2 checked. That's it.

Are there any other permissions that could effect the viewing of the CMS? I've exhausted myself going through the usergroup permissions area and nothing I do there fixes the problem.

Comment

• Edwin Brown
            • Mar 2009
            • 5.5.x

There was a bug that was something like you describe, but that one was fixed in (I think it was) beta 2. No, the only permissions that affect CMS viewing are the ones in the the CMS. I'd like to look at your site and see what the issue is. I probably would need the ability to run SQL queries, but at least I'd like to admin access to the CMS and CMS permissions. PM me if you are willing to do that.
            Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• shorecogs
              • Nov 2009
              • 3.8.x

Here's the screenshot you requested. Also I should note that they can only see the "Home" page. If they click on the other links on the CMS, they don't see the content with the exception of the HTML widget on one of the pages.

Comment

• Sau
                • Feb 2007

same here but with registered users.

Comment

• airborneCAL
                  • Sep 2006
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Sarcoth
                  I'm having a similiar problem as well, but for me, none of my registered users can see the CMS, but the unregistered and administrator groups can see it fine. My CMS root privileges page has every group checked in the Read column except for the Banned group. The Administrator group has every column checked, Super Mod has the first 3 checked, Moderators has the first 2 checked. That's it.

Are there any other permissions that could effect the viewing of the CMS? I've exhausted myself going through the usergroup permissions area and nothing I do there fixes the problem.
                  I am having this EXACT problem as well.

Comment

• shorecogs
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Hey guys, if your problem is the opposite of mine. Could you please post a separate thread so mine doesn't get lost in here? Thanks.

My problem is that unregistered users (in addition to everyone else) were able to see the CMS homepage when I was trying to deny that access while it is under construction.

Comment

• Sau
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by shorecogs
                      Hey guys, if your problem is the opposite of mine. Could you please post a separate thread so mine doesn't get lost in here? Thanks.

My problem is that unregistered users (in addition to everyone else) were able to see the CMS homepage when I was trying to deny that access while it is under construction.
                      it's the same permission issue, you have it with unregistered, we have it with registered users.

Comment

• Edwin Brown
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 5.5.x

I got access to a site that was having this problem, and at least for that case I understand it. Let me explain.

In dealing with permissions, the php code uses the id's of each group. You can rename them, but the computer doesn't care. The default installation ships with 7 usergroups, and the php code makes decisions based on those numbers. These groups are:
                        1- Unregistered / Not Logged In
                        2- Registered Users
                        3- Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
                        4- Users Awaiting Moderation
                        5- Super Moderators
                        6- Administrators
                        7- Moderators

Those groups are ours. You can rename them. You might not like those names, or you might speak some other language. But that doesn't change how they work. If, for example, you change the name of #1 to "Administrators", then whatever privileges you assign will be available to unregistered/not logged in users.

So please check your usergroups in the admincp usergroup manager. If these aren't the groups, then rename them back to the above - or whatever you want to use that means the same thing. The verify permissions are correct. If you are having problems after that, then post a bug report.

Comment

• airborneCAL
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 3.6.x

Bug report posted as well as a support ticket (per request).

Comment

• Sarcoth
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by airborneCAL
                            Bug report posted as well as a support ticket (per request).
                            Thanks airborneCAL. I'll look for your bug report and try to follow that one rather than creating my own.

Comment

• aberg
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Edwin Brown
                              I got access to a site that was having this problem, and at least for that case I understand it. Let me explain.

In dealing with permissions, the php code uses the id's of each group. You can rename them, but the computer doesn't care. The default installation ships with 7 usergroups, and the php code makes decisions based on those numbers. These groups are:
                              1- Unregistered / Not Logged In
                              2- Registered Users
                              3- Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
                              4- Users Awaiting Moderation
                              5- Super Moderators
                              6- Administrators
                              7- Moderators

Those groups are ours. You can rename them. You might not like those names, or you might speak some other language. But that doesn't change how they work. If, for example, you change the name of #1 to "Administrators", then whatever privileges you assign will be available to unregistered/not logged in users.

So please check your usergroups in the admincp usergroup manager. If these aren't the groups, then rename them back to the above - or whatever you want to use that means the same thing. The verify permissions are correct. If you are having problems after that, then post a bug report.
                              I have the same problem with CMS Usergroup Permissions.
                              It don't work.
                              Settings as above check, but they are ok.
                              So this must be a bug.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...