X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • express
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Login & Sessions

I have read all over this board abotu login and cookie issues, we were runnign 3.8 and 3.84 without any issues, we upgraded both to vb4 and now users havign major issues logging in, and noticed the session table in the db is zero all the time.

Can someone from vb shed some lite on this because alot of people seem to be having this issue.
    Joey
    Real Web Host
  • express
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.6.x

Seems with some users resetting their passwords work, others do not, why would all of a sudden just because a upgrade would you be required to change everyones passwords...
    Real Web Host

Comment

• bkosborne
      • Dec 2009

I have been having this exact problem for A WEEK now. Support is very slow to respond with it. They suggested changing the cookie prefix in the config file to vb instead of bb but that hasn't helped for a lot of members. AHHHHH it's awful!

Comment

• express
        • Apr 2001
        • 3.6.x

Hello vbulletin
        Real Web Host

Comment

• FamilyCorner
          • Jan 2002

We are having major problems as well. For the members that have to log in every time they return it's just an irritation. But I have some members that log in and then can post or reply or anything. They get a page saying they don't have access to the forum. Help!

Comment

• Mike Kemble
            • Jan 2005

I too am getting many contact messages stating that my members cannot log in. Apparently it is a browser glitch, some sort of incompatibility with IE but I am using Firefox and had the problem when I first logged in after going up to 4.0.0. So what gives, I do not have all the time in the world to keep resetting peoples passwords etc.

When I first logged in, there was only one window with the words 'username' in it so I typed in my username and there was no box for password. So failed log in. What is required is to click on username in the box and another box then appears, enter username after deleting the original letters, then password and IN! At least thats how I did it. After that it appears as normal on subsequent log ins. A initial cookie problem maybe?

Once my members are logged in everything is working fine, suspect a faulty install on those site if members cannot post after logging in.

I am getting quite a few DB error messages though, all look like they are to do with log ins?
            Last edited by Mike Kemble; Thu 31 Dec '09, 4:32am.
            Information not shared, is lost

Comment

• blake247
              • Jul 2009
              • 3.8.x

Same problem here.

Comment

• Mike Kemble
                • Jan 2005

Just come in from work and have 20 DB errors sitting in my 'in tray' ...................................................

error in syntax ???

Obviously the beta testing did not find anything untoward????

Comment

• Larry Callahan
                  • Aug 2004
                  • 3.5.x

Same issue for me. I am working on the site getting it ready to release and I keep having to log back in. I write an article and it is lost when I click save. I then have to log in again and start over.

Comment

• Mike Kemble
                    • Jan 2005

The first time I tried it was buggered up, but since then I have remained logged in all the time. People need not to panic, its not that hard. Click on username box and two boxes appear, thats how I did it, by accident. Its a piggin' nuisance but I am concerned about VB's silence to all these problems, are they all running away? Is there a solution imminent?

Comment

• blake247
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 3.8.x

I would like to know as well.

Comment

• Mike Kemble
                        • Jan 2005

bump

Comment

• kat00
                          • Dec 2006

I suspect that "cookie issue" is causing more problems than just staying logged in and the email I recieved from support saying "That's Wierd" aroused that suspission.
                          ttttt

Comment

• Mike Kemble
                            • Jan 2005

I use firefox, and it remembers any password I ask it to, I have my forum pass remembered, so do not have any log in issues, but many not as au faix with the net rely on IE which is not perfect by any means. The problem there would be, as stated abovem if they do not know how to 'tweak' IE so that it only removes temp files and not cookies, history etc. Only the paranoid religiously remove cookies after every session but there are a lot of paranoids out there.

Comment

• kat00
                              • Dec 2006

A lot of my members are saying they don't stay logged in when logging in using the CMS page but by logging in using the forum page, they stay logged in.
                              ttttt

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...