Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NavS
    • Apr 2007

[Forum] users are logged after 15 minutes even with remember me checked

How can I fix that? it should log people out after 15 minutes if they didn't select that, but if they did select 'remember me' it should keep you logged in for ever like in 3.8? Heck I think I was still logged into here when I came on... So what went wrong?
  • JamieinNH
    • May 2004
    • 3.8.x

Subscribed:

I am not sure it's related, but I am running 4.0 and have a few users that say they can;t stay logged in even though they have checked the Remember Me option.

I wonder if it has to have anything to do with the patch they just released. It started the day after I installed that.

Comment

• Charlie_Brown
      • Dec 2006
      • 4.1.x

The old vb3 we had a cookie for the index.php now in vb4 there is a whole new way try ccleaner it is free and clean the PC out and this is what my users did and have no issues now.

Comment

• blake247
        • Jul 2009
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by JamieinNH

I wonder if it has to have anything to do with the patch they just released. It started the day after I installed that.
        Same here. I started having issues after applying the latest patch.

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

Try suggesting that your Users do a hard-refresh (SHIFT-F5 or CTRL-F5).

That will reload any .js or cookies etc.
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• acwatts
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.8.x

The patch caused these issues on both 4 and 3.8, once users deleted the corrupt cookie and the forums sent a new one everything was fine.

Comment

• Rebecca217
              • May 2002
              • 4.2.X

My members are having this same issue. I'll tell them to clear their cookies and try logging in again, then report back if this helps.

Comment

• crazyace
                • Dec 2009
                • 3.8.x

Maybe my post here can help everyone -> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post1911555

Comment