Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbisig
    • Nov 2006

[CMS] Fatal error when loading CMS

I searched and couldn't find the answer.

Everything worked fine until I deleted the default CMS content via the Admin Control Panel. After that I received the following error message:

PHP Code:
    Rerouting recursion witherror/500 on line 222 in /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/router.php
    #0 /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/router.php(269): vB_Router::getResponse('error/500')
    #1 /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/router.php(269): vB_Router::getResponse('error/500')
    #2 /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/router.php(259): vB_Router::getResponse(Object(vB_Route_Error))
    #3 /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/bootstrap.php(59): vB_Router::getResponse()
    #4 /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/content.php(30): require_once('/home/pnwadven/...')
    #5 {main}

Fatal errorRerouting recursion witherror/500 on line 222 in [path]/vb/router.php in [path]/vb/vb.php on line 284
    #0 vb_error_handler(256, Rerouting recursion with: error/500 on line 222 in /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/router.php , /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/vb.php, 284, Array ([exception] => vB_Exception_Critical Object ([] => ,[] => ,[] => ,[] => ,[] => ,[] => ,[] => Rerouting recursion with: error/500,[] => ,[] => 0,[] => /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/router.php,[] => 222,[] => Array ([0] => Array ([file] => /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/router.php,[line] => 269,[function] => getResponse,[class] => vB_Router,[type] => ::,[args] => Array ([0] => error/500)),[1] => Array ([file] => /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/router.php,[line] => 269,[function] => getResponse,[class] => vB_Router,[type] => ::,[args] => Array ([0] => error/500)),[2] => Array ([file] => /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/router.php,[line] => 259,[function] => getResponse,[class] => vB_Router,[type] => ::,[args] => Array ([0] => vB_Route_Error Object ([] => Array ([error] => Array ([optional] => 1,[values] => Array ([0] => 403,[1] => 404,[2] => 409,[3] => 500),[default] => 404)),[] => vB_Controller_Error,[] => 404,[] => error,[] => 1,[] => Array ([error] => 404),[] => 1,[] => vB_Route_Error,[] => error,[] => ,[] => 1,[] => Array (),[] => ))),[3] => Array ([file] => /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/bootstrap.php,[line] => 59,[function] => getResponse,[class] => vB_Router,[type] => ::,[args] => Array ()),[4] => Array ([file] => /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/content.php,[line] => 30,[args] => Array ([0] => /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/bootstrap.php),[function] => require_once))),[code] => 256)) called at [(null):0] #1 trigger_error(Rerouting recursion with: error/500 on line 222 in /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/router.php , 256) called at [/home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/vb.php:284] #2 vB::handleException(vB_Exception_Critical Object ([] => ,[] => ,[] => ,[] => ,[] => ,[] => ,[] => Rerouting recursion with: error/500,[] => ,[] => 0,[] => /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/router.php,[] => 222,[] => Array ([0] => Array ([file] => /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/router.php,[line] => 269,[function] => getResponse,[class] => vB_Router,[type] => ::,[args] => Array ([0] => error/500)),[1] => Array ([file] => /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/router.php,[line] => 269,[function] => getResponse,[class] => vB_Router,[type] => ::,[args] => Array ([0] => error/500)),[2] => Array ([file] => /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/router.php,[line] => 259,[function] => getResponse,[class] => vB_Router,[type] => ::,[args] => Array ([0] => vB_Route_Error Object ([] => Array ([error] => Array ([optional] => 1,[values] => Array ([0] => 403,[1] => 404,[2] => 409,[3] => 500),[default] => 404)),[] => vB_Controller_Error,[] => 404,[] => error,[] => 1,[] => Array ([error] => 404),[] => 1,[] => vB_Route_Error,[] => error,[] => ,[] => 1,[] => Array (),[] => ))),[3] => Array ([file] => /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/bootstrap.php,[line] => 59,[function] => getResponse,[class] => vB_Router,[type] => ::,[args] => Array ()),[4] => Array ([file] => /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/content.php,[line] => 30,[args] => Array ([0] => /home/pnwadven/public_html/forum/vb/bootstrap.php),[function] => require_once)))) called at [(null):0] 
    I have disabled all plugins including removing vbseo from the server.

I reinstalled all 4.0 files (including Patch Level 1) and ran the database.

The default CMS content shows up in the Admin Control Panel but still gives the error message.

I disabled the cms for now.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Steve
    Pacific Northwest Backroad Adventures Forum
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Sorry, can I clarify here - you say at the top that you've deleted the default content but then at the foot you say that it shows up? Is this error showing up when you attempt to delete it and, therefore, doesn't delete?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• sbisig
      • Nov 2006

INitially everything was working where I could read the default content in the CMS.

I went ahead and deleted the default content through the Admin Control Panel and thats when the error occured.

Eventually, I overwrote all the php files for the suite and ran the install script three times before the default content was listed in the Admin Control Panel.

I am still unable to view any default messages in the CMS.

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Did you run install or upgrade?

Can you try:

- running install/finalupgrade.php again
        - take a fresh download of the files from the members area
        - delete all vB files from your server
        - upload newly downloaded package

Post back to say how that does.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Carnage-
          • Jan 2005
          • 3.8.x

Try clearing the CMS cache. (might need to be in debug mode) I've found that a lot of issues can be solved by doing this.
          Some of my Mods:
          Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
          Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
          Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
          Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

• sbisig
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
            Did you run install or upgrade?

Can you try:

- running install/finalupgrade.php again
            - take a fresh download of the files from the members area
            - delete all vB files from your server
            - upload newly downloaded package

Post back to say how that does.
            I just ran the upgrade script. There was an option to delete tables, however I did not select that option yet.

I also ran the install/finalupgrade.php script again with no luck.

I downloaded a fresh copy and uploaded (overwrite) the VB files. I did not delete all VB files. Is there a difference ???

Comment

• sbisig
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Carnage-
              Try clearing the CMS cache. (might need to be in debug mode) I've found that a lot of issues can be solved by doing this.
              Thanks. I cleared the cache from the CMS Control panel. I could not how to put it in debug mode so I did not try that. How is this done?

Comment

• sbisig
                • Nov 2006

I see that somebody else is having the same issue:

I at least concluded that it is a database issue (I think)

I performed a complete clean install including the database and the problem was resolved.

It was only after I uploaded my database backup that the issue resurfaced.

Since I did not make a backup of the fresh database, is there any way to determine what table in the database is bad (if that is the case - I'm just guessing)?

Or should I be looking at something else.

Steve

Comment

• sbisig
                  • Nov 2006

Problem resolved. See http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...uter-php-error

Thanks to all that provided advice.

Steve

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...