Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bram
    • May 2007

[CMS] Have to use Clear CMS Cache to display new articles and comments

As the title says. No new comments on the CMS articles will appear unless we dive into the admin-matrix to hit the Clear CMS Cache.

Is there a way to solve this? I mean this updating should go automatically i hope?
  • hamster0914
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.8.x

Works fine for me, although sometimes it won't update the category counts without clearing the cache. Articles and comments, however, show up without doing this.

Comment

• Bram
      • May 2007

Am i the only one that still experience this problem? What can i do or change to solve it?

Comment

• Bram
        • May 2007

Problem is still there with 4.0.1

Comment

• Bram
          • May 2007

Final bump before i am going to pull out my hair. Anybody recognizes this problem above?

Comment

• Bram
            • May 2007

Originally posted by hamster0914
            Works fine for me, although sometimes it won't update the category counts without clearing the cache. Articles and comments, however, show up without doing this.
            Are there any settings you changed?

Comment

• Bram
              • May 2007

So we are now at 4.0.6. and this is still not fixed. How about a hint to solve this as i am becoming the masters of clearing cache manually, and i am not proud on this title

Comment

• nakedanvil
                • Mar 2010

I have not had this problem in any 4.X version. You've had it since Dec 09 and you haven't done a support ticket yet???

Comment

• Bram
                  • May 2007

I am not the only one reporting this here nakedanvil. There is a mod on vb.org especially created to prevent this issue. Any clues how to solve it? Is it a cache setting on the server maybe?

Comment

• Bram
                    • May 2007

Reported this in december 29, 2009!!! We are now 1 1/2 years further and this problem is still present. This vB CMS is more and more becoming a joke. Totally fed up with this!!!!!

Have been a long time customer/supporter of vBulletin but I dont' know how long I can continue to work with such an obsolete and ridiculous complex system.

/rant over

Comment

• setishock
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 4.2.x

If they eventually show up on their own it could be as simple as the cache time out value is set too high. If you reduce it and you have a busy forum you may find the banging on the server unacceptable.
                      Just a thought...

Comment

• Edwin Brown
                        Former vBulletin Developer
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 5.5.x

What version of vBulletin are you using? This was fixed a long time ago. Comments should show up immediately. I just did a test to validate that it hasn't broken. Not exhaustive, but I'm sure if this were broken again I would have heard about it.

If you have a recent version of vBulletin and new comments don't show up immediately there's something unusual going on. I would suggest putting in a support request.
                        Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          Former Customer Support Manager
                          • Jul 2000

He's running 4.1.2, but he also has vBSEO installed: http://www.racedepartment.com/content/
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• reefland
                            • Sep 2000

I've actually got a ticket in on this. I am currently running 4.0.8PL2 and vbseo although I have confirmed it is still a problem with plugins disabled.
                            sigpic
                            Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

• Edwin Brown
                              Former vBulletin Developer
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 5.5.x

Sounds to me like a vBSEO issue. Can anyone who doesn't have vBSEO reproduce this on a relatively recent version? If so, please PM me.
                              Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...