X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • linuxutut
    • Oct 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Blog] vBulletin Blog ?!!!

I just purchased vBulletin on Oct.9, 2009 and The vBulletin Blog Module on Oct.10, 2009 and now when I contact vBulletin Office they tell me I can't upgrade My My Paid-in-FULL vBulletin Blog Module with The New vBulletin 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE, someone tell me this is a mistake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have upgrades for both for a year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( WTF )

Thank You,

I need a GOOD answer before I go contacting My lawyers.......................
  • oddmud
    • Oct 2009

Ask if you can pay the difference... cause it's more money for the new version than the previous annual fee. But after the upgrade you won't have to worry anymore.
    Jason Craig – Partner
    Wet Coast Sports LTD
    Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

Comment

• linuxutut
      • Oct 2009
      • 3.8.x

Thanks for the reply oddmud ,

But I have no desire to use the suit ( CMS ). Only the board and the blog.
      And I might be willing to pay a little difference there, but not that much. Plus I'm trying My uttmost to keep all my url's ( linkbacks )., ya know.I'm really, really in a bind now for-real.

Thank You,

Comment

• oddmud
        • Oct 2009

well the blog is built in to the cms isnt it? so there's a problem there. i dont think it can be done.
        Jason Craig – Partner
        Wet Coast Sports LTD
        Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

Comment

• linuxutut
          • Oct 2009
          • 3.8.x

Yes and no.

As The Official Vbulletin Sales Options states There Modules themselves.

• Indefinite software license
          • Includes Forums, Blogs, and CMS modules
          • Free updates for this version
          • Discounts for next version upgrades
          • Free forum and ticket support
          • Total value: $495
          Or am I reading it wrong ?

Doesn't matter, either way, I paid for it and I want it.

Whats your take on this issue ?

Looks like to me they would have considered this before hand ......

Thanks Again,

Comment

• hamster0914
            • Jan 2006
            • 3.8.x

I have the suite, but you can turn the CMS off, and the blogs and the forum remain. I assume the forums package on its own comes with the blogs too, just not the CMS.

Comment

• kwallace
              • Nov 2009

You going to sue for $200?! you obviously have not dealt with lawyers previously......

I think from the sounds of it your one of the people that have fallen through with the buyout, the new team went on to make a new version and your stuck with a upgrade model they don't use anymore.

Are VB honoring the forum upgrade to VB4?

Ham: On the sales page only the suite comes with the blog package.

Comment

• linuxutut
                • Oct 2009
                • 3.8.x

hamster0914,

That's what I thought also till I downloaded the files and got ready to start uploading, and got to looking , and guess what?
                No blog file to be found anywhere !

Heck, I thought I was getting screwed by buying the blog Module, and a week latter the new beta's started coming out, and I thought the Blog was default in the forums board as well.
                So I thought to myself WTF, I just paid for this.................

Now some guy on the phone tells me I have a useless blog module.............NO WAY !

I just wish someone would respond to My Support Ticket for now.

Thanks Guy's/Gal's

P.S.
                You going to sue for $200?! you obviously have not dealt with lawyers previously......
                It'd be the point of it, not the money.............................

I just found this on the Frequently Asked Questions » General Sales / Licensing.................

Can I get credit for a recent purchase of Blog?

This is one of those special circumstances we believe we addressed with the 48% discount on Suite upgrades. We understand that some recent blog purchasers feel that it is unfair that they do not receive a greater than 48% discount. You are free to continue running your current version of Blog per the terms of your owned license. Our decision to end the current development on the Blog product was made in order to support the development of an entirely unique and powerful platform for creating content. While we understand some of the disappointment, we encourage this group not to feel penalized, as we made price cuts with them in mind. After the pre-sale, we may consider special handling for such issues, but we can assure you that subsequent discounts will not be larger than the current pre-sale offer.
                This worse than sucks....................

Admin, someone, Please tell me who to contact.

Thank You,
                Last edited by linuxutut; Tue 22 Dec '09, 4:25pm. Reason: Frequently Asked Questions » General Sales / Licensing

Comment

• nforums
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 3.8.x

Your credit card company is probably your best bet and hope they can help.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                    • Sep 2001

Originally posted by linuxutut
                    Whats your take on this issue ?
                    I ran a file comparison of vb4 beta 4 suite download against the forum only download. They could give you the blog files and the product file to install it yourself if they wanted to. There is nothing at the moment which physically ties this into the cms except a button which can commented out.
                    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• linuxutut
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
                      I ran a file comparison of vb4 beta 4 suite download against the forum only download. They could give you the blog files and the product file to install it yourself if they wanted to. There is nothing at the moment which physically ties this into the cms except a button which can commented out.
                      Thanks,

Your right 100% and I am still waiting on a reply from support....................This is the message from My "Members Area"
                      (last 30 support issues)
                      0 hr : 38 min

Please note this is NOT a guarantee that every ticket will be responded to in this time frame. This is an average, more complicated problems may require more time to resolve.
                      That ticket was posted over 2 hours ago.......................

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                        • Sep 2001

I think the GM will need to answer your ticket so you may have to wait until tomorrow.
                        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• linuxutut
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 3.8.x

Yeah,
                          Kinda figured that as well.

Going to bed.
                          And I was looking Sooooooooooooooo forward to upgrading and playing with my code tonight, guess I'll have to wait.

Thanks All,

Comment

• smooth-c
                            • Jan 2008
                            • 3.8.x

I and many others are in the same boat as you - I bought the blog addon in June.. took me a while to save that amount of money and then the suite comes out with it.. it's a total joke, I agree but the team won't budge.

They're trying to say that the pre-sale offer compensated those who felt left out but it was a pre-sale for EVERYONE - not just blog owners.

Comment

• Loco.M
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by nforums
                              Your credit card company is probably your best bet and hope they can help.
                              why are all your post about doing charge backs from paypal or with your credit card??..lol

What I suggest to the OP, because I like the blog as well, but didn't care about the CMS, is to open a support ticket and talk to them there. This has came up before and from what I've read, the vB devs are doing everything they can to help out.
                              The bottom line is you'll have to buy the suite to get the blogs now, the licensing structure has changed and that was announced a few months ago.

Good luck
                              -Brandon
                              -- Web Developer for hire
                              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...