Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vivamexico55
    • Mar 2005

[Forum] After upgrade, some members can't view threads

I have the default registered usergroup and a "pro" registered usergroup (with more features available).

After the upgrade to 4, some of the "pro" users have reported that they're missing permissions to do a lot of basic stuff, but the worst is that they have no permission to view threads or thread lists, yet somehow they can send private messages.

About 20 out of 800 pro users have contacted me about this, but I'm worried that there's a lot more that don't know what to do.

Any idea how to fix this? It's driving me crazy. Some seem to have been fixed by transferring back to the default registered usergroup and then back again to the "pro" version, but it seems iffy.
  • Carnage-
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.8.x

My first suggestion to you would simply be to edit a forum permission for the pro group. This could be as simple as removing the ability to view a forum and restoring it again.
    Some of my Mods:
    Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
    Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
    Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
    Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...