X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stabatha
    • May 2007

Very disappointed with moving in to URLJet

I am editing my thread as things really did take a change for the better and I have no regrets now about my move. Shortly after I posted this Adam stepped in and took care of everything I needed. We got the server adjusted to fit my custom needs, stopped my IP from getting banned and then I was able to get all my scripts up and running. Since then DNS has updated and our forum members have already noticed the performance compared to Host Gator. I have tried several hosts that claim to have been vB pros, but I must say now seeing it in action on my own site. These servers are indeed fine tuned with premium forum software in mind. Between Adams dedication to get me the service I expected and the overall feed back of how much faster our site is now, they earned two thumbs up from me!
    Last edited by Stabatha; Tue 1 Dec '09, 5:50am.
  • Stabatha
    • May 2007

Well after a long night, Adam has stepped up to the plate and dedicating his time to getting my issues of the night fixed with me, so looks like a turn for the better *fingers crossed*

Comment

• yogesh
      • May 2005

If you are running CSF, then simply log into WHM and add your ip address to quick allow list.

Comment

• Loco.M
        • Mar 2005
        • 3.5.x

I would of gone with a well established host if you're that concerned, with a large support team. Not one being ran by a one or two man operation
        Not that hostgator is much better, but there are tons of options out there. Picking a good host is always hard.
        Best of luck to ya
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• davidcochrane
          • Aug 2009
          • 3.8.x

I don't think that last comment about urljet not being "well established" is particularly fair. I've used URLJet for just over a year now, and it's the best decision I've ever made. I run a pretty big vb board - and not only did URLjet assist with the transition, but their support is good.

They understand VB, and it's saved me having to pay someone part-time to do vbulletin maintenance for me.

Comment

• birdie
            • Aug 2004

URL Jet not "well established"?? "one or two man operation" - what are you basing that on? I have 8/10 of my vB forums with them and NEVER had a problem. They even helped me with tech issues on the 2 they don't host!

Comment

• aussiefooty
              • Nov 2008
              • 6.0.X

If you are having problems with your current host contact them and see what the problem is.
              Look around. My new forum is going to be with oxxus.net. and they are great. But if you want to stay with URLJet get in contact with them asap.
              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
              Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• birdie
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
                If you are having problems with your current host contact them and see what the problem is. .
                Did you even read this thread before posting? He has been in contact wih them!

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Stabatha
                  I know every hosting company has 1 or 2 bad techs in it's crew
                  I disagree... I have never had a bad tech over the last few years from my host, ServInt. And I do mean NEVER. If the level 1 can't fix it ASAP, then they send it immediately to level 2 and issues are fixed extremely quickly. All hosts are not created equally IMHO.

Comment

• icarusforde
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 3.8.x

I disagree... I have never had a bad tech over the last few years from my host, ServInt. And I do mean NEVER. If the level 1 can't fix it ASAP, then they send it immediately to level 2 and issues are fixed extremely quickly. All hosts are not created equally IMHO.
                    Ditto that. (mt) are the best i have ever worked with - hostgator was a nightmare, likewise with GoDaddy.

And atm... dreamhost is more of a nightmare.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...