X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karomesis
    • Nov 2009

Where to buy now

Hi everyone,

I am new to the whole forum admin stuff so please bear with me. Is there a place I can buy VB right now? I'm having a custom skin made and the designer told me I should wait till the 4.0 version is released before I get the design done. There are 2 major problems with this advice.

1. I want to launch my forum in Jan and waiting for 4.0 on a chance it "might" come out before the end of the year is unacceptable, as I need all the time I can get to learn how to use it properly before launching.

2. I will get charged for an upgrade a few months after I get one version, this sounds good for VB, but it's not good money management for myself.

and help is greatly appreciated.

-K
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You can purchase vB here:

Your designer is right. The style asnd template system has changed with vB4 so any customizations done for earier versions would have to be redone.

1. We do not yet have an estimated release date other than we fully expect vB4 to be released before the end of the year. vB4 is currently in Beta testing now. In fact you can see it running live on these forums.

While we cannot predict which bugs will be found in further testing we are hoping to have the final release within a few weeks. Please note that is not a guarantee and a lot will depend on the bugs found during the Beta test.

2. Beginning with vB4 and all new licenses there is no longer any expiration date or annual renewal on licenses. Once you purchase a license you will have the right to download and use all new versions of vB4 for life.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...