Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biancolaw
    • May 2007

Very unhappy with Jelsoft

As a longtime customer I have to comment on what a joke trying to order the pre-order upgrade to vbulletin 4 has become.

For 2 days now I have simply been trying to order the upgrade but thanks to Jelsoft choosing Metacharge as their payment processor, this has not worked.

First they blocked the first 3 attempts I made saying Fraudulent activity. They then call my office and I CONFIRM VIA PHONE that the charge is legit. They then tell me that upon my next attempt, it will go through and I won't have any problem. So I attempt the charge for a 3rd or 4th time and it gets blocked AGAIN! I attempt one more time to be sure and the new message is that I am now blocked due to too many unsuccessful attempts. I contact support at vbulletin to be told that there is nothing they can do. The message I get from metacharge DOESN'T EVEN TELL YOU HOW LONG YOU HAVE TO WAIT! Vbulletin support says 24hrs.

I contacted metacharge via online support which is merchant support according to their website. The agent tells me I've gone to sales, I need to contact merchant support and have to place an international call!!!

So I wait until today. I attempt it again, it's blocked due to possible fraudulent activity and for something about a score higher than 5. So I say screw this crap and contact vbulletin to do the sale over the phone. Wayne at Vbulletin sales tells me they HAVE NO WAY TO PROCESS AN ORDER OVER THE PHONE.

Sorry if I seem a little pissed off but I have wasted over an hour of work time to place a simple order, dealt with 3 different people over 2 days. Jelsoft makes HOW MUCH MONEY and can't afford a decent merchant account processor. Jelsoft has become how big over the last 5 years yet can't process orders over the phone, nor can their managers be reached via phone.

WHAT KIND OF OPERATION ARE YOU PEOPLE RUNNING THERE?!
  • Ray Morgan
    Former vBulletin General Manager
    • Sep 2008
    • 3.7.x

Randi,

This problem lies with Metacharge, and we are working daily with them to make this process easier.

Comment

• Paul Stenning
      • Dec 2004
      • 3.8.x

Have you considered offering PayPal as an alternative payment method? Quick and easy, and many of us probably already have PayPal accounts.

Comment

• biancolaw
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Ray Morgan
        Randi,

This problem lies with Metacharge, and we are working daily with them to make this process easier.
        That is a cop out answer. You have the ability to either get a secondary merchant provider or go with one that is global. You also could manually process on your end. It seems this is not that important to you though. I await a solution that doesn't entail using paypal.

Comment

• pingme
          • Nov 2004
          • 3.8.x

Its already there, I have always purchased/renewed licenses using paypal

Originally posted by Paul Stenning
          Have you considered offering PayPal as an alternative payment method? Quick and easy, and many of us probably already have PayPal accounts.

Comment

• Paul Stenning
            • Dec 2004
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by pingme
            Its already there, I have always purchased/renewed licenses using paypal
            Cool, I should have checked before posting.

Comment

• mccollin
              • Jul 2003
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Paul Stenning
              They do offer Paypal... that's how I bought it. I got hung up on the Verified by Visa page and could never get through with Metacharge. Sounds like Metacharge is not good for Jelsoft's reputation, but you can certainly buy with Paypal if you don't like that.
              Mikey
              PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

Comment

• biancolaw
                • May 2007

Yes, I would NOT like to use Paypal. I'd also like a firm price, the front page still lists the upgrade at $160 yet when I go to actually purchase it, it wants to charge me $190. I believe the $160 price ended October 30th? May want to update that guys!

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

Originally posted by biancolaw
                  Yes, I would NOT like to use Paypal. I'd also like a firm price, the front page still lists the upgrade at $160 yet when I go to actually purchase it, it wants to charge me $190. I believe the $160 price ended October 30th? May want to update that guys!
                  No, the $130 price ended 30th Oct.

If you have a current active leased or owned license it's $160 at the moment.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------
                  My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                  My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• dutchbb
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 3.8.x

Paypal or credit card are the best options.

Comment

• biancolaw
                      • May 2007

Whatever, I used paypal, had to create an account. Just total BS that a customer should have to do that. This will be the last time I will be suggesting vbulletin to the companies I do work for. Thanks for a great purchasing experience jelsoft.

Comment

• Faceshqip
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 3.8.x

As a longtime customer I have to comment on what a joke trying to order the pre-order upgrade to vbulletin 4 has become.

For 2 days now I have simply been trying to order the upgrade but thanks to Jelsoft choosing Metacharge as their payment processor, this has not worked.

First they blocked the first 3 attempts I made saying Fraudulent activity. They then call my office and I CONFIRM VIA PHONE that the charge is legit. They then tell me that upon my next attempt, it will go through and I won't have any problem. So I attempt the charge for a 3rd or 4th time and it gets blocked AGAIN! I attempt one more time to be sure and the new message is that I am now blocked due to too many unsuccessful attempts. I contact support at vbulletin to be told that there is nothing they can do. The message I get from metacharge DOESN'T EVEN TELL YOU HOW LONG YOU HAVE TO WAIT! Vbulletin support says 24hrs.

I contacted metacharge via online support which is merchant support according to their website. The agent tells me I've gone to sales, I need to contact merchant support and have to place an international call!!!

So I wait until today. I attempt it again, it's blocked due to possible fraudulent activity and for something about a score higher than 5. So I say screw this crap and contact vbulletin to do the sale over the phone. Wayne at Vbulletin sales tells me they HAVE NO WAY TO PROCESS AN ORDER OVER THE PHONE.

Sorry if I seem a little pissed off but I have wasted over an hour of work time to place a simple order, dealt with 3 different people over 2 days. Jelsoft makes HOW MUCH MONEY and can't afford a decent merchant account processor. Jelsoft has become how big over the last 5 years yet can't process orders over the phone, nor can their managers be reached via phone.

WHAT KIND OF OPERATION ARE YOU PEOPLE RUNNING THERE?!
                        What country you live.

I'm shure there is another option to pay, use paypal wich is the best and the kwick way. i ordered my licence with paypal and in 2 minutes time i recived a confimation of the order and the licence key..

Comment

• Faceshqip
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 3.8.x

Whatever, I used paypal, had to create an account. Just total BS that a customer should have to do that. This will be the last time I will be suggesting vbulletin to the companies I do work for. Thanks for a great purchasing experience jelsoft.
                          paypal is the most convinion way to pay online..

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            Former Customer Support Manager
                            • Jul 2000

Actually you do not have to sign up for a PayPal account to use them as a credit card processor.

The unfortunate fact is that Metacharge has made some recent changes to theire system that have caused all sorts of problems. As Ray said we are actively pursuing adding another payment processor but this is not something that can be done in a day. Very sorry for the inconvenience.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• biancolaw
                              • May 2007

USA...I did use paypal, not happy about it though. I should NOT have to create an account on a third party site to complete a transaction. Why not use bigger merchant account providers. What exactly is the problem with that? I'm sure the customers you lose over these types of problems would more than offset a higher percentage merchant account.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...