• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joeycannoli
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

another Install Step 2 Error...

Attempting to attach to database
    Error description: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2) /home/content/j/o/e/joeycuccaro/html/upload/includes/class_core.php on line 311
    The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

Any help would be appreciated. I believe it has something to do with the values in my config.php

Im using GOdaddy to host vbulletin. Here is what my information is according to my database information

MySQL Database Information
    Host Name:
    euroaddiction.db.3323193.hostedresource.com
    Database Name: euroaddiction
    Database Version:
    Description: Euro Addiction Site

User Name:euroaddiction
    Read-Only User Name:joeycuccaro

This is is what i have in my config.php file...

$config['Database']['dbname'] 'euroaddiction'

$config['Database']['technicalemail'] '[email protected]

$config['MasterServer']['servername'] 'localhost'

$config['MasterServer']['username'] 'joeycuccaro'

$config['MasterServer']['password'] 'mypassword'

Any ideas on what is wrong? I previously had 'euroaddiction' as the master server username, but that didnt work either. Not sure what the problem could be here.

As far as granting all permissions for your database user im not sure how to do that with godaddy. I can get into MYSQL database and then go to managemyphpadmin but dont know where to go after that.

• joeycannoli
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

Found some instructions from Wayne... I will try it and report back.

Comment

• Lord Jordan
      • May 2009
      • 3.8.x

replace the 'localhost' with the database host (euroaddiction.db.3323193.hostedresource.com)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...