X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malmazan
    • Jan 2006
    • 4.2.X

CMS question. Multiple domains and languages

I have a plan to build sites in several languages.

• ¿Can the CMS part of the suite handle content in different languages (chinese, arabic) and character codes within the same instalation?
    • The idea is to serve the content from different sites (domains) for each language, but with centralized content (the same content with translations to different languages). ¿Will this be possible? (For vB i know I need a different license per domain so far.)
    • ¿Will there be a way to leave comments on CMS content?
    • I run my forum from a "forum" folder. ¿Will the CMS be able to work outside of that? I would not want to move the forum to the root folder.
    • I have a vB license until February. ¿Will I get a prorated amount of that off if I go for the suite pre-sale? If so, ¿how?
    Vote for these issues:
  • malmazan
    • Jan 2006
    • 4.2.X

Guys, if you do not respond to re-presales questions,¿how am I supposed to make a decision about buying a product? (pre-sale ends in two days)
    Vote for these issues:

Comment

• thincom2000
      • Mar 2007

This is possible, however, not with vBulletin out-of-the-box. You will need several modifications to do this:
      • Accepting logins from multiple domains
      • Only allowing content from 1 language on each domain (otherwise all languages would be available on all domains)

No one has seen the CMS yet, but we can tell from the screenshots that users can leave comments on its content.
      It has been confirmed that the CMS must be installed in your "forum" folder. Of course you can use .htaccess (and modifications) to make it appear otherwise.
      There is no pro-rated discount. My vB license was also until February when I upgraded to the Suite.
      - the makers of VaultWiki

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...