Can I transfer my 4.0 upgrade to someone else........

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chimpie
    • Nov 2007
    • 3.8.x

Can I transfer my 4.0 upgrade to someone else........

Can I transfer my 4.0 upgrade to someone else if I want to stick with 3.8?
    CHIMPIE | SKYWARN | EMTLIFE
  • Shamil.
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.2.X

I assume not, becuase you've purchased it within 90 days.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You would have to transfer your entire license which includes the ability to use 3.8.X.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Ptwiggens
        Banned
        • Jan 2007

Ask for a refund now, if you take delivery on the product it's going to make it much harder to deal with in the future.

Comment

• punchbowl
          • Nov 2006
          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          You would have to transfer your entire license which includes the ability to use 3.8.X.
          Are you absolutely sure on that?

Comment

• kyrgyz
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Chimpie
            Can I transfer my 4.0 upgrade to someone else if I want to stick with 3.8?
            PM me if you wanna get rid of your license. If your asking price is reasonable, I might buy.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by punchbowl
              Are you absolutely sure on that?
              Yes, you're upgrading your vBulletin 3.X license to be a 4.0 license. If you transfer it, the whole thing gets transferred. There is no way to transfer just an upgrade and create a new license off of it. This is the same reason why we don't transfer blogs, project tools or branding free.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Alwaysmefirst
                • Apr 2000
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                Yes, you're upgrading your vBulletin 3.X license to be a 4.0 license. If you transfer it, the whole thing gets transferred. There is no way to transfer just an upgrade and create a new license off of it. This is the same reason why we don't transfer blogs, project tools or branding free.
                I thought vb4 was a totally new product with a new license so I assumed the upgrade to vb4 suite per example was getting me a full new vb4 license in addition of the current vb3.8.

Comment

• Markos1977
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Alwaysmefirst
                  I thought vb4 was a totally new product with a new license so I assumed the upgrade to vb4 suite per example was getting me a full new vb4 license in addition of the current vb3.8.
                  your basicly upgrading you 3x license to the 4x license

Comment

• slinky
                    • Mar 2001
                    • 1.1.x

vb4 is a totally new product. The upgrade is a "discount" you receive to get a new license to vB4, rewritten from scratch. Think that you only have one "instance" of vbulletin to install, whether 3.x or 4.x. This is why some people who only need the forums may consider not upgrading and waiting for vb4. A new forum license to install a "second" instance is only $15 or 20 more than an upgrade and you get two instances to install the forum. If they buy vb4 forums they can keep their existing forum running on 3.x or install their newly bought 4.x version on that site (using an upgrade script to import the data) and then use the 3.x somewhere else.
                    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

If you purchase a new license for vB4 or vB4 Suite, it is a standalone license. If you upgrade an existing license, then this is added as a 'product' to that license and is inseperable from it.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• billp
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 3.6.x

I'm a bit confused. I have a VB3 that doesn't expire until Aug. 2010. I won't ever need the suite so in Aug, next year, what am I going to need to buy or pay?

Thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          Former Customer Support Manager
                          • Jul 2000

You don't have to buy anything.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                            • Oct 2004
                            • 3.7.x

you dont have renewal fees like in previous versions instead of 40.00 to 60.00 per year like with 1.x.x to 3.x.x you dont have to buy an upgrade till 5.0 comes out.

unlike in 3.x.x you do NOT pay for blogs, forums, cms, etc seperatley in 4.x.x it is all included in one price for the life of 4.x.x making it an even better value for the suite.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...