Vbulletin 4.0 CMS features? Import from Wordpress?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoodOmens
    • Jun 2005

Vbulletin 4.0 CMS features? Import from Wordpress?

I know there is not a lot of details on the CMS feature of 4.0 but I have a question.

In my current set up, I use wordpress to post "main" articles that are cross-posted to vbulletin for comments.

I understand that the new CMS feature allows cross-posting as well. Does anyone know if they will allow importing of Wordpress articles?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Import Modules are created based on demand. As there is an importer available to import Wordpress into the Blog product now, it shouldn't be difficult to change that to the CMS. More information on additional import modules available for ImpEx will be available in the future.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• GoodOmens
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Import Modules are created based on demand. As there is an importer available to import Wordpress into the Blog product now, it shouldn't be difficult to change that to the CMS. More information on additional import modules available for ImpEx will be available in the future.
      Thank you. I assume articles are in a different table then posts? If so, it shouldn't be much of a issue to import.

Comment

• jtech77
        • Aug 2009

Wow I started my site in May and so far have over 200 posts in my wordpress blog and nearly 300 members on my forum since I installed vBulletin 2 mons ago, would this CMS be more powerful than Wordpress? I just purchased Thesis for Wordpress and have pretty good page ranking I am not sure if migrating wordpress to the suite would be a good idea...?

Comment

• stormblast-
          • Jun 2004
          • 3.8.x

It would be really great to import Wordpress Posts into the new vBulletin CMS. As this would finally solve the issue of single-sign on and the gap between the Wordpress Frontpage and the vBulletin Community Forum.

We unfortunately never managed it to have it look like one site. If you e.g. visit www.mynintendo.de and www.mynintendo.de/forum it looks like 2 different sites.

There are ways around that problem, but using the CMS would just fix it all.

Now we have more than 10000 Articles in Wordpress... what is most important:

An import to the vB CMS which doesn't break the URLs.

I hope that will be possible somehow .

Comment

• walter
            • May 2001
            • 3.8.x

I too would find an importer from Wordpress very nice...
            More than 10 years experience in building communities!
            Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

• TheJP
              • Nov 2009
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by walter
              I too would find an importer from Wordpress very nice...
              I would purchase the CMS suite right now if I could import all my Word Press posts into it. Right now I am going to wait until such a feature is introduced before I move over my WP and PhPBB install over to vBulletin CMS.

Please... take my money, make this feature a reality.
              Last edited by TheJP; Tue 24 Nov '09, 12:45pm.

Comment

• Celtkin
                • Jan 2006
                • 3.8.x

We already bought the suite, but we have to wait until Wordpress-to-VB CMS is available before we can upgrade anything.

Comment

• stormblast-
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 3.8.x

Yes, I cannot stress this enough, a Wordpress to vBulletin CMS Converter is absolutely required for probably most people out there.

Comment

• PharaohsVizier
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    Is there any new information regarding this? I want to pre-order, but until someone can say for certain that there will be a wordpress-cms impex, then I really can't risk ordering it. Is there an estimated time, enough demand, etc?

I completely agree with stormblast when he said that this is one converter you absolutely need. And for my purposes, the sooner the better. :P

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

At this time there is no firm commitment to make that importer. This will only be deiced after Gold is released and will depend on overall demand.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Celtkin
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        At this time there is no firm commitment to make that importer. This will only be deiced after Gold is released and will depend on overall demand.
                        Dang.

We have years worth of articles in Wordpress.

I'd thought it'd get done regardless, as WP is one of, if not the, most used CMS/blog app out there. Hopefully it's done very soon!

Comment

• stormblast-
                          • Jun 2004
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          Steve, seriously, there are thousands of Wordpress Blogs out there, who run their community through vBulletin. It was always a hassle, as there were no specific bridges or login sharings for those two systems. Now that we have the vB CMS horizon - which is not yet equal to the wordpress functionality but on a good way - it would be perfect to have a importer for WP->vB CMS. I'm confident you could attract way more buyers that way, don't underestimate the importance of this..

Comment

• jalmz
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 4.0.x

guys, WORDPRESS is the best CMS.. =) FREE, and SEO friends. and thousands of plugins

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              Former Customer Support Manager
                              • Jul 2000

I'm just telling you the way it is. If the demand is high enough to warrant it then I have no doubt such am importer will be made.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...