Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • busa-captain
    • Jan 2008

How to change forum URL without AdminCP

I needed to run a test forum for staging and I set up a new server with the private IP of 192.168.30.10

I installed a new version of VB and then copied all the content over from the old server to the new one. Everything works the same on both servers except when I try to go to 192.168.30.10/forum/admincp I get redirected to the production server..

Do I need to go into the DB to make the change? If so could someone point me to the right place in the DB to make the change.

Thanks

Cap
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Assuming this is not a redirect you have on your server, the only place this could be
    is here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• busa-captain
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Assuming this is not a redirect you have on your server, the only place this could be
      is here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

That is correct, my problem is that now I can't get into the admin CP on the test box because it is redirecting to the production server. How do I change that URL on the test box if I can't get into the adminCP?

Doug

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

You would have to change this directly in the database in the settings table (varname='bburl') and possibly datastore.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment