• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rebecca217
    • May 2002
    • 4.2.X

Assigning thread prefixes

Hello,

II have a forum called "Off-Topic." None of the threads in the forum currently have prefixes, but I'd like to assign them all a prefix called "Off-Topic." What is the easiest way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Rebecca

• Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

There is no option to mass-apply prefixes to threads. But in your case wouldn't the prefix be redundant? The threads are already in a forum called "Off-Topic".

Comment

• Rebecca217
      • May 2002
      • 4.2.X

Hi Jake,

Yes, it is redundant. I've decided to consolidate some of the smaller sub-forums into a larger forum, and use thread prefixes to differentiate topics. So this is just one step in the process--I'll still need to mass-move them to the larger forum once the prefix is in place.

I ended up using a simple MySQL query to accomplish this task. Here is the query in case anyone else finds it useful:

UPDATE thread SET prefixid='XXXX' WHERE forumid='24'

Obviously, you'll set XXXX to be your prefix ID and "24" to the number of your target forum.

Rebecca

Comment

• Tourmeister
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Rebecca217
        Hi Jake,

Yes, it is redundant. I've decided to consolidate some of the smaller sub-forums into a larger forum, and use thread prefixes to differentiate topics. So this is just one step in the process--I'll still need to mass-move them to the larger forum once the prefix is in place.

I ended up using a simple MySQL query to accomplish this task. Here is the query in case anyone else finds it useful:

UPDATE thread SET prefixid='XXXX' WHERE forumid='24'

Obviously, you'll set XXXX to be your prefix ID and "24" to the number of your target forum.

Rebecca
        You rock!! Thanks for this tip, it has made my life much easier!
        Scott Friday
        Two Wheeled Texans

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...