Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DWDYEM2001
    • Oct 2002

Profile Layout Problem

I recently upgraded to 3.7.4 from 3.6.(something)

If you look at this profile:
    http://www.cappersinfo.com/forums/members/louie.html
    You can see that the right hand part of the the profile is getting moved to the bottom of the page...

This doesn't happen on all the profiles...

I also don't know what happpened to the user profile details.
    Where's all the information that the users entered for their profile details..?
    I am a little confused by the profiles in 3.7.4
    Last edited by DWDYEM2001; Sat 8 Nov '08, 1:48am.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

That page looks just fine to me. You do have the page width set pretty small, so perhaps that is causing some problems?

the information the user entered is in the About Me tab.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• DWDYEM2001
      • Oct 2002

Where is this "About Me" tab...I don't see any tabs...

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

It's in the same place that they are shown on the profiles on this site. If you can't see them, then there is probably something wrong with your templates (and I'd guess you are using IE). Did you make sure to either revert all your templates or upgrade them?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• DWDYEM2001
          • Oct 2002

Lynne,

This is what I see....

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Try this - create a new style with no parent - Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style > no parent - then go to the profile page using this default style. Can you see the tabs now?

Comment

• DWDYEM2001
              • Oct 2002

Lynne,

I didn't upgrade my forum or create the styles and templates. I paid someone to do it for me.

Does it matter what title and display order I give it?

What should I choose for "Allow User Selection"?

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DWDYEM2001
                Lynne,

I didn't upgrade my forum or create the styles and templates. I paid someone to do it for me.

Does it matter what title and display order I give it?

What should I choose for "Allow User Selection"?
                The person you paid should have made sure everything was working correctly.

It doesn't matter the title (although I'd just call it "default vb style" so you know what it is). And it doesn't matter about Display Order. User Selection can be No. You are the Admin, so you can then see your forum using this style by selecting it in your Style Manager (just click on the style name). To get back to your normal style after seeing your site in the default, just go back to the Style Manager and click on your normal style name.

Comment

• DWDYEM2001
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Lynne
                  The person you paid should have made sure everything was working correctly.
                  This is what he said to me when I asked him about it
                  That right column, for me anyway, is vertically aligned at the top. It's not pushed to the bottom like it is for you. This is using the standard display of VB for this page, so you would need a designer to figure out why it's doing it - Especially since I can't duplicate it here.

There are tabs on the profile - Visitor Messages, ABout Me, Statistics, etc...That's where their info is.
                  OK...I ceated the style...I am not sure what to do now...

Comment

• DWDYEM2001
                    • Oct 2002

Yes, I can see the tabs using the default style...

The layout still looks split up using this style...

Comment

• DWDYEM2001
                      • Oct 2002

Here is what I see with the default style

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

Yes, I can see the tabs using the default style...
                        Since you can see the tabs using the default style, that means there is something wrong with your style that is causing the tabs to not show up.

The layout still looks split up using this style...
                        i don't know what you mean by this. The layout is supposed to be 'split' with some things on the right and some on the left. That is how that page looks - take a look at a profile page here and you will see it looks like that.

edit: OK, you just added a post with an image. Try this - disable your plugins and see if you still have this problem.
                        Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
                        define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• DWDYEM2001
                          • Oct 2002

This is what the person I hired to do the upgrade said:

I've got no way to test any of what you're seeing. I do not have internet explorer, as I do not use Windows.

I DID test that things were working. THIS is what I see....

There is nothing I can do Louis. I've tested everything that I can test. The templates WERE reverted, just as they always are during an upgrade. Your pages work fine in my browser - Like I said before - You need a designer to take a look at this, as I cannot duplicate your issue.

I also don't work on the weekends, and my bachelor party is today - So I can't help. My advice would be to pay an Indian 5 bucks on scriptlance to fix it, because it's obviously a small problem somewhere - The pages work fine for me, but not for you, so obviously it is an IE specific thing..

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

That is the problem I am having. It looks just fine to me also. And, I can't check with IE cuz I don't have it.

Do things look fine here to you? If so, then do as I suggested and disable your plugins and see if things look fine.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• DWDYEM2001
                              • Oct 2002

Where is the config.php file located....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...