Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wattie
    • Jul 2004

how do i moderate blogs?

I set the setting to 'moderate all blog posts' and a user has posted one but there is no way to publish it! So the blog entry is stuck in limbo. There is nothing is the moderator cp, admin cp (and yes I have set myself as a blog moderator). So how do I do it?
    Thanks.
  • olympist
    • Apr 2005

This is a huge problem. I have not also find way to approve the pending blog entries additionally comments on blogs. There should be a link on ACP such as waiting threads, replies, attachments and events.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • May 2000
      • 1.1.x

It is very easy.

For all moderated comments, go the main page and click on "Find More" on the right side, beneath the recent comments.

On the next page, go to the bottom of the page and look for "Filter" on the left side. Change that to moderated comments and hit GO. To approve comments, click the checkbox on the comment and then "Approve Comments" on the bottom of the page on the right.

For entries, go to the main page and click on "Find More", at the bottom of "Recent Entries".

On the next page, go to the bottom of the page and look for "Filter" on the left side. Change that to moderated entries and hit GO. To approve entries, click the checkbox on the entry and then "Approve Blog Entry" on the bottom of the page on the right.

It is cumbersome to approve items via the admincp so I built the interface for listing moderated items into the front end.

Comment

• optrex
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
        It is very easy.

For entries, go to the main page and click on "Find More", at the bottom of "Recent Entries".

On the next page, go to the bottom of the page and look for "Filter" on the left side. Change that to moderated entries and hit GO. To approve entries, click the checkbox on the entry and then "Approve Blog Entry" on the bottom of the page on the right.
        Please can we have inline moderation when approving new entries so that we can just read it and approve?

Comment

• Alfa1
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.8.x

It is cumbersome to approve items via the admincp so I built the interface for listing moderated items into the front end.
          Front end or back end, that does not matter as long as there is one centralized place where moderators can see moderated blogs, comments, posts, threads, etc.
          It seems there is no such centralized place now, which makes it much more cumbersome for moderators.
          I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Alfa1
            • Dec 2005
            • 3.8.x

It is very easy.

For all moderated comments, go the main page and click on "Find More" on the right side, beneath the recent comments.

On the next page, go to the bottom of the page and look for "Filter" on the left side. Change that to moderated comments and hit GO. To approve comments, click the checkbox on the comment and then "Approve Comments" on the bottom of the page on the right.

Basically, what you are saying is:
            For blog moderation go to yourdomain.com/forum/blog.php?type=moderated&do=list&blogtype=recent

For comment moderation go to
            yourdomain.com/forum/blog.php?type=moderated&do=comments

I have added these links to my navbar for my moderators.

What is the difference between
            blog.php?type=moderated&do=list&blogtype=recent
            and
            blog.php?type=moderated&do=list
            I buy 420 forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...