banned members showing up on "Currently Active Users"???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikki712
    • Sep 2006
    • 4.1.x

banned members showing up on "Currently Active Users"???

Why do banned members show up in the "Currently Active Users" section on the forum homepage? When I view their location in WOL, I see that they're getting an error message, but I would rather them not show up at ALL if they're banned. Anyway to fix this?

Also, is there a way to have banned members automatically removed from other people's buddy lists?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That is standard. Changing this requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• feldon23
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.7.x

I do not believe that banned users should show up on Who's Online, Currently Active Users, or MEMBERINFO templates. Further, I think Admins and Super Mods should be able to see banned users in the Currently Active Users comma-separated list.

I tried for a half hour to to get the entire table row to show up in RED for banned users in the Currently Active Users list for Admins and Super Mods, to no avail.

So until vB adds a "Show this usergroup in Who's Online" flag, here's a template mod (based on this one):

In the whosonlinebit template, add this to the top of the template:
      Code:
      <if condition="!is_member_of($userinfo['userid'],17,18)">
      where 17 and 18 are your banned usergroups.

In the same whosonlinebit template, add this to the bottom of the template:
      Code:
      </if>
      In the memberinfo template, find:
      Code:
      <if condition="$show['lastactivity']">
      and add this just above it:
      Code:
      <if condition="!is_member_of($userinfo['userid'],17,18)">
      In the same memberinfo template, find this code:
      Code:
      <div>$userinfo[action] $userinfo[where]
      <if condition="$show['detailedtime']"> - <else /> @ </if> $userinfo[time]&nbsp;</div>
      and add this just below it:
      Code:
      </if>
      In the forumhome_loggedinuser template, add this at the top of the template:
      Code:
      <if condition="($loggedin['usergroupid'] == 17) or 
      ($loggedin['usergroupid'] == 18) and (is_member_of($bbuserinfo,5,6))">
      <strike>$stylevar[dirmark]<a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$loggedin[userid]" rel="nofollow">$loggedin[musername]</a>$loggedin[invisiblemark]$loggedin[buddymark]</strike>
      <else />
      In the same forumhome_loggedinuser template, add this to the bottom of the template:
      Code:
      </if>
      That last little bit puts a strikethru for banned users that only Admins and Super Moderators can see.
      Last edited by feldon23; Tue 27 Feb '07, 8:19am.

Comment

• feldon23
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.7.x

Updated 3x

Until this suggestion is implemented, there is no way to fine-tune the Currently Active Users page:
        Last edited by feldon23; Tue 27 Feb '07, 8:53am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...