Warning: mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long,...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryansmith
    • Nov 2004

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long,...

I have vBulletin 3.6.4 running MySQL 5.0.27 and PHP 5.1.6. We were running PHP 5.1.4 but after this problem started I had my host upgrade.

This is the error:

Warning
    : mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given in /member.php on line 539

I have tried the fixes listed in both of these threads in addition to upgrading PHP:

I have re-uploaded my non-image files, I have created a new style with no parent style and checked that with all of my plugins/products disabled... and I still get the error at the top of the page when I look at certain member profiles.

Is there anything else that this could be, or that I could try? I have tried everything suggested in the other threads and it's rather frustrating. Perhaps I've overlooked something.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
  • ryansmith
    • Nov 2004

I should also mention that I have a test board set up in a /testvb directory that is a fresh install of vB 3.6.4 that is doing the same thing, so I've ruled out that it's maybe some corrupt files on my live copy of the board.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Are you sure this is PHP 5.1.6? That was a bug in an earlier version of PHP that should have been fixed in 5.1.6.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ryansmith
        • Nov 2004

I have my site hosted at LiquidWeb. I asked them last night to upgrade it and within 10 minutes they replied letting me know it was done. My AdminCP shows that it's 5.1.6.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

Do you have any custom profile fields? If so I would check these. It looks like you may have a bad one.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ryansmith
            • Nov 2004

I have two custom profile fields but they've been on the board since we were running 3.5.4. They haven't caused problems up until yesterday. What exactly should I look for to determine if they are a problem?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long

Are either of these time related fields?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• ryansmith
                • Nov 2004

No... one is for users to select their gender and one is for them to select their home country to display a flag on their postbit. I just looked at them and they are fairly straight-forward, nothing seemed out of place from what they used to look like.

I just checked and it appears one of our server guys upgraded further from PHP 5.1.6 to 5.2.0 this morning. However, it didn't work with 5.1.6 and it still doesn't work with 5.2.0.

Comment

• ryansmith
                  • Nov 2004

Birthdays don't have anything to do with that, do they?

Comment

• ryansmith
                    • Nov 2004

I think I figured out the problem.

We recently moved servers. I just checked the profile of one of the problem members through AdminCP and his birthday was set to ------- for month, 1 for day, and 0 for year. I deleted the values from the month and year sections, refreshed his profile, and the mktime error is gone.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Glad to see you figured out the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...