Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yetdog111
    • Jun 2001

PHP Download Queuer

I run a website at www.antsmarching.org, and one of our features is downloading SHN (audio) files from a server via HTTP. Now, it is currently set up to only allow a user to download one file at a time, and due to security on the files, users cannot use a download manager to queue up files.

Now - I am very interested in writting an applet in PHP that pops up a window that basically lists all the files they have queued up, and downloads them once it is that file's turn in the list. I'm not sure if something like this exists, or if it is even possible.

I am decent in PHP, so I was wondering if there is anything I should know that could help me out.

Thanks a lot.

Matthew Yette
    [email protected]
    Matthew Yette
    [email protected]
    antsmarching.org - People in every direction
  • Gamefreak
    • Feb 2002

I have been using PHP for quite a while, and I am pretty sure you can't do that. PHP is server based, so I can't think of anyway for the script to know when a file is finished downloading. You might be able to do it in java though, but I wouldn't know.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...