usercss table crashed, how to delete/recreate?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djsteve007
    • Dec 2012
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] usercss table crashed, how to delete/recreate?

I am anxious to upgrade to the 4.x branch, but during the backup process (of my 3.x) - I am getting database errors. Tried repairing in several different ways, including my host attempting - but it fails.

I read here ( https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...hlight=usercss ) that there is a way to delete and re-create this table, which I assume should be done before upgrading to 4.x - question is, how do I do this?

Steve
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

Which version of vB 3. do you actually run?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• djsteve007
      • Dec 2012
      • 3.8.x

3.8.7 patch level 3

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

Only do this if you are 100% sure that the table can not get repaired !!!

When deleting usercss it'll be a minor loss of data if you allow users to customize their profiles, go into your phpMyAdmin and delete the table usercss, afterwards create a new one with this query:
        PHP Code:
        CREATE TABLE usercss (

userid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

selector VARCHAR(30NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

property VARCHAR(30NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

value VARCHAR(255NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

PRIMARY KEY (useridselectorproperty),

KEY property (propertyuseridvalue(20))
        ); 
        In case you use a table prefix you would have to ad this in front of the table name.

This could help to fix your issue. Make sure you have made a backup of the rest of the tables before doing this.
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...